Find Bug in MindManager 2019

• Problem
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • In Progress
Find gets lost in a note. I was searching for a less than sign < in my map, which contains a lot of BNF notation. So i expected a search for < to take me to every one of my grammar productions that contained a nonterminal such as <destination>.  

Instead, it took me to the first <. then it found a few more in a note (the only note in the map). The search never escaped from the map, although there were dozens more < , in topics after the one containing the note.

This bug is not present in Mindmanager 2018 - thank goodness! 

Please don't slack off on your regression testing. Thanks.
Photo of Bill Spees

Bill Spees

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Bill Spees

Bill Spees

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
BTW, I noticed that my map usually had syntax in close association with grammar productions that I wanted to find, so I repeated the search for syntax. The results were the same; there's nothing special about <  as a search term -- whether length or content.
Photo of Marian Kocmanek

Marian Kocmanek, Official Rep

• 399 Posts
  • 72 Reply Likes
Hi Bill, 

Thank you for reporting this issue. I'll ask our QA Team to look into this.

Best, 
-Marian
Photo of Alexey Lelyuk

Alexey Lelyuk

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Bill,

Could you create a new map with few topic containing only '<' sign and one topic containing Note with '<' sign inside. Then check if the issue is reproducing. 
Have you enabled/disabled any additional Find options? Could you send screenshot with set of enabled Find options and example of syntax after which find is stopped?

Thanks,
Alex
Photo of Bill Spees

Bill Spees

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for your note, Alex. Actually, when I opened the search options, Note was the only item checked. The behavior I saw was consistent with that. 

Next question: why would that setting be the default, as the product is shipped?

When I checked topic text search option, the search traversed all my nonterminals, as expected. 

Photo of Alexey Lelyuk

Alexey Lelyuk

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Three Find options are enabled by default with a clean installation of the application:
- Topic text
- Notes
- Text boxes

Thanks,
Alex