Force 64 bit install of Mindmanager 2016?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
The 2016 installer exe files includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. Given my office install, it defaults to 32 bit. I'd like to force it to 64 bit. Any way to do that? There were separate files for MM 15, but I don't see those for 2016.  Thanks.
Photo of Jerry Kang

Jerry Kang

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1354 Posts
  • 204 Reply Likes
In MM15 if you had Office 32bits, it was wise to have MM also on 32 bit since Office does not function well if they were different.

So why would you like to force that potential problem to happen?
Photo of Marian Kocmanek

Marian Kocmanek, Official Rep

• 374 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
Jerry, 

I have created a case for your and a member of our Support Team will send you a link for the 64-bit installer. 

Note - As Ary mentioned, you will not be able to use the add-ins with MS Office if the two applications suites are not the same bit version. 

Best, 
-Marian
Photo of Jerry Kang

Jerry Kang

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
@Ary: Speed advantages of 64bit more important than dropping outlook emails into map directly (versus indirectly).
Photo of Tim

Tim

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Marian,
Can you organize the same 64-bit installer for me please.

I do have 64-bit Office 16 (Office 365) + Win 10 Pro 64-bit.

The exe loaded MM16 (32-bit)

Regards

Tim Blackadder
Photo of Thomas

Thomas

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Is the location of the 64-bit installer a secret? 
Photo of Marian Kocmanek

Marian Kocmanek, Official Rep

• 367 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
Hi Thomas, 

Certainly not a secret. We chose to only offer the combined 32-bit and 64-bit installer on the website as the vast majority of our customers utilize the Microsoft Office add-ins. The combined installer detects the bit version of Microsoft Office on the system and installs the same bit version of MindManager. If you want the 64-bit only link, please contact our Customer Support Team at www.mindjet.com/contactus

Best, 
-Marian