Forum Moderation

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • (Edited)
My name is Blair Young and I have recently taken over the Product responsibilities for MindManager. Hopefully you will be noticing an increased moderation presence on the forum going forward. I am activating the product team to become more involved..... not just answering questions, but also receiving your product ideas and providing more product information through the announcements section. If you have any questions or suggestions, please post in the replies or message me. Thanks to everyone for their continued support for MindManager.
Photo of Blair Young

Blair Young, Official Rep

• 12 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 1112 Posts
  • 266 Reply Likes
Hi Blair and congratulations on your new job.

It will be great to see more engagement by the product team with the forum. I know Mindjet/Corel get a lot of feedback through through their beta test program and have done a wonderful job of developing the program as a result. However, this forum provides great insights into the problems that everyday users are experiencing as well as the sorts of things they want to do with the program and, consequently, the sorts of features they want.

Sometimes these are simple problems and features but they often don’t seem to get picked up in the product development cycle. I’ll give you one small example which I and others have raised in this forum: the lack of topic level options in query and SmartRules selection criteria. This should be easy to add but somehow it always seems to be missed in new version releases.

There is one issue however that needs to be dealt with immediately and that is with the forum itself. There is an increasing number of spam posts which are added to specific threads, usually older ones. These are mostly obvious but some of them look sufficiently like real comments relevant to the topic and complete with links offering “solutions” that may fool some new users. Apart from taking swift action to remove the forum member accounts involved and to delete the offending posts, I support Ary’s suggestion that threads over 12 months old should be locked from additional comment while remaining available to be viewed.

Good luck in you new position!

Alex
(Edited)
Photo of Blair Young

• 12 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Thanks Alex - i agree on the spam problem - it is in my crosshairs. Thanks for the suggestions. Cheers
Photo of Brian

Brian

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Blair, welcome home.  Could you put a link to this community on the mindjet.com list of resources. From the outside it looks like participation is being discouraged with the absence of any mention on mindjet.com. Thanks so much for joining us.
Photo of Blair Young

• 12 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Hi Brian. We are actually going through a bit of an update on that site and it will definitely include a link. Thanks for your ongoing support of the product. Cheers