Gantt chart with the Mac Version

• Idea
  • Updated 3 days ago
Hello,

I'm working with MindManager 9 for Mac and can't find the opportunity to display the Gantt Chart. Can you help me?

Anja
Photo of anja_online

anja_online

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of David Labbe

David Labbe

• 2 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Looks like it is. I check myself every month or so to see if they produced a new version. I have moved onto other alternatives for projects and task. Todoist rocks!!
Not sure what mindjet is thinking, but I used to be a long time user, but seems they are not in touch with the mac users and what they need.
Photo of Patrick Duffy

Patrick Duffy

• 24 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
I have moved totally to Mac and I had not realized that the Gantt was not available until I came to use in for a new project. Do I really have go there through Parallels? The Mac version seems about 3 generations behind.
Photo of Mike Bowman

Mike Bowman

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
XMIND 6. 
Photo of Dermot Dunne

Dermot Dunne

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have been using this software for years in a PC environment and for the first time I want to use it on a Mac and it does not do Gantt.  Really??  I mean REALLY???!!!
Photo of Dermot Dunne

Dermot Dunne

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
You are missing a trick here MindJet.  I've been a Project Manager for years and in recent years use this as my main tool for small/mini projects and in some cases bigger ones, rather than MS Project!!  My preferred personal is Mac and I tend to use PC/laptop when working on contract at a client, so have never needed this feature on my own Machine.  I have just spent ages designing a mind map and have just realised that the Gantt feature is not there.  Not a happy bunny right now!!!
Photo of Dominique Vauquier

Dominique Vauquier

• 16 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
So, after so long a time, where are we regarding this issue? It is an issue, when you buy a product for a set of features you know from the Windows version, then you discover that you cannot work the same way with the Mac version. Unless the Mac version is less expensive than the Windows one?
I'm very disappointed. There are other points like that.
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1378 Posts
  • 208 Reply Likes
i would love to see the same functionality in Windows and Mac version. It is fair to know that the mac version is priced at ca. 50%
Photo of Tony Thuy

Tony Thuy

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I would be happy to pay 50% more for Mac parity. Mindjet have abandoned all interest in developing for the MacOS platform. I have moved to MindMeister for now.
Photo of Dominique Vauquier

Dominique Vauquier

• 16 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Thanks, Ary. That's right: the price for the Mac version is half the price (would be great to see Microsoft adopting the same pricing policy, as MS Office for Mac doesn't cover the same range of features as the version for Windows).
I agree with Tony. Specially when you go from Windows version (I have used it for two decades) to the Mac, you expect to find the same services, no matter the price.
Photo of Greg

Greg

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'd recommend using the Windows version through Parallels on the Mac - the Mac version is too limited in comparison. BTW, I've also started using MindMeister more and more now (true/good cross platform through the Browser and Apps). I'm hoping Corel will significantly update the cross-platform capabilities beyond just Windows (yes, it's a pain to have to run the Windows version in a VM...)
Photo of FrSu

FrSu

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello, can anyone from Mindjet/Corel give an update on this really missing feature? This seems to be a request for many years now.Thanks.
Photo of FrSu

FrSu

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Please respond.