Getting an Account for Mindjet Files

• Question
  • Updated 9 months ago
  • Answered
Hello to all!

How do I get (free or buy) an account for Mindjet Files?
  I still that it is still supported in MM2020.

Thank you.
Photo of Andrey Kazak

Andrey Kazak

• 253 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1890 Posts
  • 338 Reply Likes
I think it is only supported for existing customers that have a subscription for Files.
No new customersubscriptions are accepted. As far as I know. But please check with you reseller.

Photo of Averheim

Averheim, Employee

• 14 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
You are right Ary. The decision to retire MJ Files was made many years ago as we saw a growing demand for Cloud. Mindjet made the strategic decision to specialize in what we do best - MindManager, and team up with cloud experts like Onedrive, Google Drive, SharePoint Online, Box and Dropbox to offer the best cloud experience. 
Photo of Marian Kocmanek

Marian Kocmanek, Official Rep

• 464 Posts
  • 102 Reply Likes
Andrey, 

I suggest you try the new Co-Editing service released along with MindManager 2020 last September. You can try the service for 30-days for free by initiating a co-editing session on the Home Tab in MindManager. 

Best regards, 
-Marian
(Edited)
Photo of Andrey Kazak

Andrey Kazak

• 253 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
Dear Marian,

Thank you for the suggestion.
  I have already noticed and surely will get a trial of the new co-editing service.

However is there a chance of purchasing a legacy account for Mindjet Files that seems to be still heavily integrated the MM 2020. For example, the status bar always shows this:

(Edited)
Photo of Marian Kocmanek

Marian Kocmanek, Official Rep

• 464 Posts
  • 102 Reply Likes
Thanks for the feedback, Andrey. 

We are not selling new subscriptions for Mindjet Files. You may disable Mindjet Files by going to File>Options>General and unchecking 'Enable Mindjet Files & Tasks'. 
Photo of Andrey Kazak

Andrey Kazak

• 253 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
Great option.
Thank you.
Photo of Andrey Kazak

Andrey Kazak

• 253 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
When do you plan to decommission Mindjet Files service completely?