Getting upgrade for MindJet 2012

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Solved
My copy of MindJet 2012 is saying that there is an upgraded version available. However, when I try to find out about the upgrade, so I can download it, I get a message saying that product is not recognised. How do I access the upgrade?
Photo of Nicholas Hallett

Nicholas Hallett

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Nick Duffill

Nick Duffill, Champion

• 505 Posts
  • 168 Reply Likes
Hello Nicholas

The downloads are at

http://www.mindjet.com/support/produc...

MM2012 version 10.1.459 says there is no update available, but 10.2.209 is on the downloads page, although still accompanied by the release notes for 10.1.459. This usually means that an update from 10.1.459 is not mandatory, and any changes are transparent to the majority of users. So if you are on 10.1.459, you probably do not need to take any action.

Nicholas Hallett

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello Nick
Thank you for your answer to my question. A follow up problem I have is that I can't see how to determine which version of the software I have. Could you perhaps give me instructions on how I can see this? Many thanks,
Regards,
Nicholas
Photo of Nick Duffill

Nick Duffill, Champion

• 505 Posts
  • 168 Reply Likes
In MindManager 2012 for Windows, click the File tab then click the Help link in the first column. It shows the version number in the third column.

Nicholas Hallett

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Nick
I can now see that I have the 10.0.493 version. As you've suggested, I will stick with that for the time being. Thank you for your guidance.
Nicholas
Photo of Nick Duffill

Nick Duffill, Champion

• 505 Posts
  • 168 Reply Likes
Nicholas

If you have 10.0.493, then I would recommend updating to 10.1.459 as a number of minor things were fixed at this update.

An update would not be necessary if you had already been on 10.1.459.
Photo of Michael Deutch

Michael Deutch, Official Rep

• 438 Posts
  • 75 Reply Likes
Nicholas / Nick,

10.1.459 is the latest build for MindManager 2012. We released 10.2.209 last week but this build only impacts new downloads, not upgrades.

Thanks,
Michael

Nicholas Hallett

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I now have 10.1.459. And won't bother about 10.2.209. I also now know how to check my version number. All's well that ends well! Thanks Michael / Thanks Nick.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.