Have you tried the new HTML5 export?

• Announcement
  • Updated 10 months ago
The new HTML5 export feature in MindManager 2017 is available now. If you are experiencing issues exporting your maps please describe your issue here. We plan to update the export functionality  in version 17.1 coming later this year and want to fix as many issues as we can before then. 

Thanks!
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

Sia Banihashemi, Official Rep

• 102 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of bartlettcharles

bartlettcharles

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Is the Timeline map layout fully supported? A vertical timeline exports to HTML5 in the standard right "star" layout which isn't usable.
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

• 102 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Timeline layout is not yet supported, the map content will still be exported but as you noticed it will appear in right map layout.
Photo of bartlettcharles

bartlettcharles

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Sia, what about the Flowchart layout? Supported in HTML5 export?
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

• 102 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Flowcharts are supported.
Photo of Brian Morse

Brian Morse

• 35 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I published a map in HTML5 format using MM2017 and get varying results depending on the browser I use.   http://www.brianmorse.com/sumo/sumo-quickintro.html?30ee9c    EI 11.0.9600.17843 works the best.  Firefox 47.0.1 loads but the linked video (.mov)  does not play sound.  Chrome 53.0.2785.143 m does not load the html page at all.
Photo of Shilpa Kabra

Shilpa Kabra, Official Rep

• 125 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Hi Brian,

Thanks for the great feedback on HTML5 functionality.Regarding the problem you are encountering above can you help with some additional information? Is it possible for you to send us the map so we can have a look at possible causes?I have created a case for you and will send you an email shortly. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of the issue for you. 

Regards
Shilpa
Mindjet Support
(Edited)
Photo of Brian Morse

Brian Morse

• 35 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes

For Firefox users regarding support of quicktime format videos (.mov)

Sometime around 2015 Mozilla chose to discontinue support for quicktime format videos.  They offered no alternative or official workaround.

This solution below allows me to choose another media player rather than automatically loading an embedded player and playing the mov file without sound.  If I don’t have control over the hosted content then this is a good workaround.  However, in my case I do have control over the content and will convert my mov files to mp4 using Camtasia which eliminates the compatibility problem.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1115863

I do not currently see a surgical way for users to work around this change. A brute force workaround is to turn off Firefox's decoding of MP4 media, forcing Firefox to use a plugin. Here's how:

(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button promising to be careful.

(2) In the search box above the list, type or paste mp4 and pause while the list is filtered

(3) Double-click the media.mp4.enabled preference to switch it from true to false

I hear Mindjet support is currently working on the trouble I reported with HTM5 exported maps not loading in Chrome.
Photo of bartlettcharles

bartlettcharles

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Not at all surprising that different browsers interpret HTML differently. :-) An age old problem that will likely never go away...
Photo of Detlef Huß

Detlef Huß

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
In one map I have switched off for tasks the highlight overdue as well as in danger options. In HTML5 format these tasks are still highlighted, which should not be the case.
Photo of Shilpa Kabra

• 125 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Hi Detlef,

I was not able to replicate the issue you are describing.
Is it happening with particular map or particular Browser?
Following is the link showing the steps i took to reproduce the issue.

https://app.box.com/s/2a8lfwb6i5y93amjoqeczt151cbdj6ma

Thanks,
Shilpa 
Photo of Shilpa Kabra

• 125 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Hi Detlef,

I did more testing and found out that this is an issue with Roll up tasks only.
We are looking into it and hope to have a fix soon.

Thanks,
Shilpa
Photo of rory.otoole

rory.otoole

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Exported html5 maps do not display on iPad iOS 10.0.2
Photo of Shilpa Kabra

• 125 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Hi Rory,

Currently HTML5 viewer files are not supported on Mobile devices.

Thanks,
Shilpa
Photo of rory.otoole

rory.otoole

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hello Shilpa. While not perfect, the html5 exported map was reasonable when viewed on my Lumia 930 Edge (I think) browser. Regards.
Photo of Shilpa Kabra

• 125 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Hi Rory,

Thanks for your feedback.
Following is the link to our MindManager 17 release which highlights elements supported for HTML5 export.

http://download.mindjet.com/MindManager_17_0_ReleaseNotes_EN.pdf

Thanks,
Shilpa
Photo of heinz Buerkert

heinz Buerkert

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Sorry, don't know where to start: (using Windows10 on an intel i7, 8 GB Notebook); the mindmap  has 6000 nodes in 6 main branches;

"I am totally disappointed"

the big map takes several minutes to load;

it shows the whole map (6000 branches) instead of the view at export-time or the 1st-level-branches; the Botton (in German) "Map anpassen" that shriks to 1st-level-view takes very long (about 30 seconds)

works not at all on Chrome and Firefox; only on iE and Edge

After having diveded the whole Map to 6 Submaps (although this is not usable for my production-version, since the numerous  internal links are no longer working then, aren't they)   ;  many maps are simply screwed: all branches on top of each other ; or a single branch, that is not supposed to be seperate)  overlays the main root-node ...;

I would need this tool so urgently, but this is absolutely not usable.....

the idea is brilliant. If working, it would fulfil my needs totally if it worked on iPhone, iPad, and Android too.

I can send the .mmap to the support, if you want me to.

(Edited)
Photo of Shilpa Kabra

• 125 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Hi Heinz,

I have created a case # 00400452 for your issue and will send you an email shortly.
I would like you to send me the map file by replying to the email.

Thanks,
Shilpa
Photo of Ray Roughmoose

Ray Roughmoose

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Fill colours on roll up tasks are changed on HTML5 export map. Using 17.2.208
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

• 95 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
Hi Ray, Please provide more details and/or a screenshot so we can investigate your issue. Thanks!
Photo of torgrim

torgrim

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
What file formats are supported for attachments (for HTML5 export)? I attached a PDF to a topic in my (simple) MindManager 2017 map. The attachment icon shows in the exported HTML5 dokument, but when clicking I get a download error/no file?

Where can I find an overview of which file formats are supported as attachments for HTML5 export?
(Edited)
Photo of Shilpa Kabra

• 125 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Hi Torgrim,

All file types are supported as attachments.
I have tried adding a PDF file as attachments and it works as expected.
We would like to know why it is not working for you.
I have created a case # 00400723 for your issue to get more information . I  will send you an email shortly. 

Thanks,
Shilpa
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 842 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
I haven't really played with HTML5 export but I'm wondering if the problem is that the PDF being linked to is stored locally and not on a website.
Photo of Etienne

Etienne

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I have the same problem. When I link a subject to a locally stored pdf-file (or any other file), I expect that relative paths are used during the html5-export. Unfortunately, it is not the case, and after putting both html file and pdf-file to the website, I get a download error/no file... (I'm using the last version 18.0.284, and wondering if I will buy it or not in 20 days...)
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1243 Posts
  • 183 Reply Likes
Well Etienne.... tough decision!
Photo of Etienne

Etienne

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Any support to make this work? Is there an option I forgot?
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 842 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes

Etienne, I don't think the relative links work this way; I'm pretty sure that any files linked to a map have to have URLs in the first place to be available from the map after HTML5 export.

Have you tried the following steps:

1. Exporting the target PDF file to the website;
  2. Linking to the exported PDF file from the map;
  3. Saving the map and exporting it as an HTML5 map? 
Photo of Etienne

Etienne

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks. I have tried this and it works well this way. It is not what I expected but it is a workaround.

Actually, I now found a way to make it work as I want:
  1. go to File -->  Informations --> Properties (my Mindmanager is in French, I am not sure about the translations)
  2. Go to the "Summary" tab
  3. At "Root link" (last edit box) I wrote the local path to my map C:\folder\folder\
  4. Keep the access paths "relativ"
Then I can make the links to my local filesystem and export the map to html5, together with the files linked with it in the folder C:\folder\folder\files\

May this help other users...
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

• 96 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
That's Awesome Etienne! Glad you go this figured out. Another easy way to do this would be to use attachments instead of links but if you have large files they could add to the initial loading time for the map.
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 842 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
While attachments have some advantages there are some other reasons for using links instead in maps intended for HTML5 export, apart from smaller file size. For example you might want people to be able to access a PDF or JPG file on your website independently of the map as well as through it, or you might want to update the PDF from time to time independently of the map. I haven't tried this yet but provided the revised PDF is uploaded with an identical file name and overwrites the previous version this would work without having to edit the map and re-export it to HTML5.
Photo of Bob Levy

Bob Levy

• 82 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
I have been waiting for decades(?) for this. Just uploaded a typical map of mine and would appreciate ANY comments.
http://storageman.com/MJ2017/MJ-2017_forWeb.html
What I see so far is what I have been waiting for. Just a beginning, but happy (for now) at what is provided.
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

• 102 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Awesome Bob! Glad it's working for you.
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 881 Posts
  • 221 Reply Likes
Bob your map also seems to work OK on an iPad, despite some suggestions to the contrary regarding compatibility, though the double-tap to open branches and select links is a little fiddly.
Photo of Bob Levy

Bob Levy

• 82 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Needless to say, the new publish works great. 
Photo of jerry.mings

jerry.mings

• 135 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
I did an HTML 5 export for two clients yesterday.  There were no immediate problems.  When I tried to set the background with a picture, the picture does not turn up when I load the HTML file to a third party storage point (e.g., Drop Box). 

I am not certain if that is a problem with the link to the picture (relative or absolute). 

So, export worked, background not visible. 

Jerry
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

• 102 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Hi Jerry,

Background images are supported, so if you are having problems with them, please reach out to our customer support team so they can further understand and troubleshoot your issue.
(Edited)
Photo of jerry.mings

jerry.mings

• 135 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
I have completed three facilitation reports using Mindjet and then exported them as an HTML file.  The clients are happy.  They like the fact they can see the map on a variety of devices.  
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

• 102 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
That's great Jerry. Check out latest service release of MindManager 2017 which will be out later this week for a bunch of new features and bug fixes for HTML5 export.
Photo of jerry.mings

jerry.mings

• 135 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
This is great news.  I look forward to the update release.
Photo of Nigel Goult (Olympic & MIVAP)

Nigel Goult (Olympic & MIVAP)

• 348 Posts
  • 134 Reply Likes
The release is already available on the Mindjet support page:
https://www.mindjet.com/support-info/download-library/#mm-win-17

Release notes are here:
https://www.mindjet.com/latest-release-notes-windows-english
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 881 Posts
  • 221 Reply Likes
Thanks Nigel - that link for the release notes didn't work for me, but I found them here: http://download.mindjet.com/MindManag...
Photo of jerry.mings

jerry.mings

• 135 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
Just installed the release.  Testing tomorrow HTML export again.
Photo of William SIemons

William SIemons

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Nice feature. But how do I export an HTML5 from a Macro?
Photo of Parth Patel

Parth Patel

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
When I try exporting a Flowchart using the HTML5 export, some of the relationship lines get messed up and it doesn't look right on the browser, whether it's chrome, firefox or IE.  Is there a reason why relationship lines between topics would get changed during the export?
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

• 95 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
Hi Parth,

Which version of the export do you have?  You can check this by opening your exported map and pressing CTRL + M.
Photo of Bart VDS

Bart VDS

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

I've exported a organisation chart from the top going down. But when I open the html starting from the second level everything goes back up..

(Edited)
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

• 95 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
Hi Bart,

That looks like a bug we may have fixed recently. Which version of the export do you have?  You can check this by opening your exported map and pressing CTRL + M.
Photo of Bart VDS

Bart VDS

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Sia,
The html export is Version: 1.2.103
MindManager version 17.1.178
(Edited)
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

• 95 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
Ok Thanks, that is the latest production version. Please send your map to customer.support@mindjet.com, let them know you are having HTML5 export issues and to forward the map to me. I can try it in our latest development build and make sure this bug gets fixed in the upcoming 1.3 version release.
Photo of Bart VDS

Bart VDS

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
ok thx
Photo of Bart VDS

Bart VDS

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I've created a radial map with no problem there
Photo of Maël

Maël

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello ! I tried it today and it was so good ! BUT ! i try to export in my professional cloud and looked this message :
"An error occured while sending the request.
The remote name could not be resolved: 'cloud.mindmanager.com'"
:(
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

• 95 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
Hi Maël,

Glad you liked it. Can you add a bit more details? What do you mean by "professional cloud?" Can you post a screenshot?
Photo of Anto Lučić

Anto Lučić

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Sia, I am getting the same message. 
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

• 95 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
Hi Anto,

Can you add some additional details? A screenshot of the error would be helpful along with your computer's Windows version, and MindManager version.
Photo of Anto Lučić

Anto Lučić

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Photo of Anto Lučić

Anto Lučić

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

• 95 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
Thanks Anto, for now you can click the "Use Local Export" button, we pack the latest version at the time of release into the local files so that should work. Which version of MindManager are you using? The updater tries to connect to cloud.mindjet.com are you able to access that URL in your browser?
Photo of Anto Lučić

Anto Lučić

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Photo of Anto Lučić

Anto Lučić

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

yes i can open the link in my browser. I am was just wonder how i can share the link with people outside my network - is that even possible :)

Thank you for your support

Photo of Sia Banihashemi

• 95 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
Hi Anto, I'm not sure I understand the question about sharing the link with people outside your network. If you'd like we can do a conference call to discuss your issue in greater detail. Please contact customer.support@mindjet.com and ask them to forward your information to Sia.

Thanks.
Photo of Mike

Mike

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I just purchased the 2017 version specifically because it offered the new enhanced HTML export feature that would allow me to share my maps with all of the links and attached files.  It works great on my small maps, but I created a map that is 7MB and it crashes every time I try to export to HTML. I'm running Windows 10 on a new laptop with plenty of processor and ram.  I've rebooted and it still crashes.

Photo of aHa!Coaching

aHa!Coaching, Champion

• 1192 Posts
  • 117 Reply Likes
Mike, would be you able to share the map or a screenshot of the map to see I the problem can be replicated on another system?
Photo of Mike

Mike

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Mathieu:  Thanks for your support.  I was able to "chat" with Mindjet's tech team and they suggested that I change from the 32 bit dowload version of MindManager 2017 to the 64 bit version and that solved the problem.  I'm now able to create HTML exports for my largest maps.  Thanks.
Photo of Mike

Mike

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
There is a new problem. Now that I've loaded the 64 bit version on Mindmanager, every time I open a map, I get an error message stating "Spelling Checker Failure! Cannot open directory C:\program files (x86)\mindjet\mindmanager17\sys\spell\ssceam.tlx  Please verify that the dictionary for your language is installed".  I have a request into Mindjet tech team for directions on how to correct this, but I'm going to guess that if I had done a complete uninstall of the 32 bit version before I installed the 64 bit version I might have prevented this hassle.
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

• 98 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Hi Mike,

You are correct that this can occur when switching from 32 to 64. The fix for this can be found here: http://kb.mindjet.com/articles/en_US/Knowledge_Article/Spelling-Checker-Failure-error-when-loading-M...
Photo of Mike

Mike

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks Sia. Followed the link and the directions. Everything is working 100% perfect. No more error messages.
Photo of Marc Stet

Marc Stet

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

• 1352 Posts
  • 203 Reply Likes
Are you using MM2017 or the latest MM2018 version?

• 1352 Posts
  • 203 Reply Likes
(Edited)

• 1352 Posts
  • 203 Reply Likes
So you may consider to upgrade ;-)
Photo of Marc Stet

Marc Stet

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Hello Ary,

I'm using an enterprise version 2017, unfortunately, it is not up to me to upgrade.

I did find out that it's fine when I choose this option: convert link to webpage link

another thing is that each export it's trying to update, it fails and then I can do a local export. would like to prevent it from trying to update, or prevent the error on updating.

• 1352 Posts
  • 203 Reply Likes
If you use MMEnterprise the MSA (maintenance agreement) is obligatory.
This means your company organisation has the right to get and use the latest version.

So Please contact your System Admin and urge them to give you the latest ( and the best sofar ) version. It is already available since 4 months. So they should have done that already.

The other questions will have gone once you are up-to-the-latest-standard.