How can I delete a tag group?

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
I have defined different tags and grouped them to tag groups. However... I have now rearranged my tags into new groups and the old tag groups are left empty. Isn't it possible to delete old tag groups? The option "Delete" is greyed out... See the tag group "Risk Mgmg Tags" in attached
screenshot:

Photo of Göran Wiréen

Göran Wiréen

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1481 Posts
  • 223 Reply Likes
I have tried to reproduce this in MM2019.
This does not happen.

Are you sure you have the latest MM2018 version?
Check the release nr under help and check in the Mindjet download area if you have the latest.

NOTE if you try and update fom the help page, it maybe that you install a MM2019 version that needs a new key. So....

Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 1009 Posts
  • 247 Reply Likes

I tried to replicate this bug in MM2018 but couldn't.

I created a group of tags and allocated them to topics. Then I created a second group and moved all the tags there, after which I right clicked on the original empty group and deleted it without any problems.
Photo of Thor Skovsgaard

Thor Skovsgaard

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I cannot imagine either why you cannot delete TAG's. I am using the newest MM 2019. I was thinking maybe you have a filter or something but even if the MAP was filtered and there should be topics with the TAG attached then you will still be able to delete. Then you are just told there are TAG's and if you want to remove the TAG's on those topics so no matter what you should just be able to delete.
Photo of Thor Skovsgaard

Thor Skovsgaard

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I will not try this because I do not want a group TAG I cannot delete but I can see that you cannot delete "General Tags". The delete button is greyed out but it seems that you can copy. Maybe you have copied from General TAG's" to the new group and this is the reason why you cannot delete it.
And I can see your Risk. Mgmt Tags is exactly where the standard General Tag's group is so you have renamed and this is why you cannot delete. You cannot delete Priority, Progress or Ressources either. 
(Edited)
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1481 Posts
  • 223 Reply Likes
I think Thor found it.
Seems you have renamed the General Tags group.
That one is not deletable -ofcourse-