How do we connect MM2017 to DropBox?

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
The connection options no longer include DropBox - how do we connect back to DropBox?
Photo of bruce allen

bruce allen

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of jerry.mings

• 116 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
You can try:
Open and Save
change the default documentation location:
                from the default address
                to your
                Drop Box address

I can confirm I have used a third party storage location and it works fine.

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1178 Posts
  • 179 Reply Likes
Or you could use Zapier to set up a simple automated system to save all you want in dropbox and 700 more apps direct from MindManager 2017.
This also works with the free zapier programme

Photo of jerry.mings

• 116 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
Yes, that would work.  I was trying to test how to set up Zapier from Mindjet and found out the challenge of having to use Mindjet Cloud.  I understand the cloud program from Mindjet is not ready at this time.

Personally, given all of the cloud storage options, I think it would be better to allow people set up a number of storage options, then they could work directly with Zapier.

Just a thought.
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 815 Posts
  • 207 Reply Likes

Provided you have the space on your local PC you can do what I do - keep a Dropbox folder locally which is synced with a Dropbox cloud folder. Since the DropBox folder on your computer is like any other local folder there is no compatibility problem with most software including MM - you save a file to the local folder and Dropbox automatically syncs it to the cloud.

It's sensible to have a synced local folder anyway as in effect it backs up the cloud folder - and vice versa. You never know when you might not be able to access the cloud folder.