How do we connect MM2017 to DropBox?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
The connection options no longer include DropBox - how do we connect back to DropBox?
Photo of bruce allen

bruce allen

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of jerry.mings

jerry.mings

• 116 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
You can try:
File
Options
Open and Save
change the default documentation location:
                from the default address
                to your
                Drop Box address

I can confirm I have used a third party storage location and it works fine.

Jerry
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1227 Posts
  • 180 Reply Likes
Or you could use Zapier to set up a simple automated system to save all you want in dropbox and 700 more apps direct from MindManager 2017.
This also works with the free zapier programme

(Edited)
Photo of jerry.mings

jerry.mings

• 116 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
Yes, that would work.  I was trying to test how to set up Zapier from Mindjet and found out the challenge of having to use Mindjet Cloud.  I understand the cloud program from Mindjet is not ready at this time.

Personally, given all of the cloud storage options, I think it would be better to allow people set up a number of storage options, then they could work directly with Zapier.

Just a thought.

Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 826 Posts
  • 207 Reply Likes

Provided you have the space on your local PC you can do what I do - keep a Dropbox folder locally which is synced with a Dropbox cloud folder. Since the DropBox folder on your computer is like any other local folder there is no compatibility problem with most software including MM - you save a file to the local folder and Dropbox automatically syncs it to the cloud.

It's sensible to have a synced local folder anyway as in effect it backs up the cloud folder - and vice versa. You never know when you might not be able to access the cloud folder.