How do you view the Snap Queue trash

• Problem
  • Updated 3 months ago
I want to access items that were automatically being moved from the Snap Queue to Trash once I had items from the Snap Queue into a mindmap, so I could track against the date-time-stamp that is present in those items.

If you go into Snap Queue Options there is a Trash All button: I have quite a lot of items in my existing queue and suspect this button will send everything in that queue to Trash.

If this is how the Trash is accessed then it should be labelled as just Trash.

I would suggest that items moved from the Snap Queue be put into an Archive folder and users being given the ability to delete items from that Archive folder into a Trash folder with say a month's delay before they are automatically permanently deleted, with the option to move items back to the Archive folder before the elapse of that month's delay.

I'd be less bothered about this if mindmap topics through a right-click properties context-menu allowed me to see time-stamp information: CreationDate & EditedDate, which would be far better.
Photo of Jim AK

Jim AK

• 114 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Sia

Sia, Official Rep

• 275 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Hi Jim,

To delete one or more items, select them so they have a blue frame, then press the delete key.

You can view the trashed items by clicking the trask button as shown below. Trashed items are retained for 24 hours before being permanently deleted.

Photo of Jim AK

Jim AK

• 114 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Excellent: we're making progress.

So, subjects get moved into Trash by either explicitly deleting them or moving them into a mindmap.  

Trash can be viewed by clicking on the Show Button selection represented by 3-dots to the left of the Search box.

Photo of Jim AK

Jim AK

• 114 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
If there is nothing in Trash, the Trash icon will not be present.

Photo of Jim AK

Jim AK

• 114 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
@Sia 

Thank you for your response.

Can you provide any other insights on my other queries in my original post?

Has the Product Design & Management team ever considered providing topic audit history information such as CreationDate & EditedDate. I and others would find that an invaluable tool in tracking the evolution of mindmaps and the ideas and processes they contain.

In the interim, having an Archive folder that keeps the Snap Queue clean with topics yet to be allocated to a mindmap would work.

Regards

James.