how to add caption for reference on web to a picture?

• Question
  • Updated 9 months ago
When editing in Word and add a picture from a scientific article, copyright terms dictate you to add a citation of who published and has ownership of the picture.

If using MindManager as an editing tool in order to use the map support and ability to add progress, Kanbans, keywords etc. to be searchable if publishing on web, I cannot find it possible to combine the object storing the picture with a caption like in Word. It can be done indiretly by adding a new chapter in the text, but the connection may then be lost if some other add some more text btw. picture and the caption (which are two objects)

Would it be possible to add such support or is it already there, but not found by me yet??
Photo of Alf Christophersen

Alf Christophersen

• 59 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 1112 Posts
  • 266 Reply Likes
I assume from your question that the image has been pasted in a topic or sub-topic, rather than in topic notes, and that you want to apply Word’s caption style to the text in the same topic and link this text to the image as a caption when you export the map to Word.

Unfortunately I’m away from my computer for a few days so I can’t test this at the moment, but one option may be to use the WordX2 add-in from Olympic Limited. This offers much more flexibility than MindManager’s built-in Word export facility, including the ability to selectively apply Word styles to different topic levels or even individual topics.

In theory you could use this to apply the caption style only to those topics containing images and the text you want to use as captions before exporting the map to Word. I can’t be sure if this is actually feasible without testing it, but you could download a trial version of WordX2 to see whether it works for you.
(Edited)