How to create PDF Files in MindManager 2018

• Problem
  • Updated 10 months ago
Hi - I recently upgraded to 2018 and no longer have the option to export as PDF? How do I get this back? My client was unable to view the HTML version, she got an error, so I had to choose JPEG, but I really prefer PDF. How can I find this? I have a PC running Windows 7
Photo of Heather M

Heather M

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of Heather M

Heather M

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Also - though I have Office Home on my PC, only Word is showing available for export, not clear why PowerPoint creation is greyed out/disabled? I checked "options" and PowerPoint IS selected as a save option...
(Edited)
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1352 Posts
  • 203 Reply Likes
For pdf most of us use a free pdf printer like Cutepdf. Mindjet decided that with the power of html5 nobody needs pdf. Except your client and most of us ;-)
Photo of Heather M

Heather M

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
haha I love your last sentence! I am so bummed about no PDF, and I did save as HTML but I guess it saved to a local drive or something is what I am guessing, and my client couldn't see it. I actually have Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro, but can't seem to print to it, but did find some other program that doesn't work great, but hey at least that gets me to a PDF, thanks!
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1352 Posts
  • 203 Reply Likes
Powerpoint can be created via slides. First you goto view .. autocreate slides and export to ppt
(Edited)
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

Sia Banihashemi, Official Rep

• 103 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Hi Heather,

Often, people have security applications or settings that block them or show errors when attempting to view local HTML files with javascript.

The easiest way to share a MindManager file in version 2018 is to use the Publish feature. Here is an example that also provides more information on publishing: https://share.mindmanager.com/#publish/BVspUWF5lZQr7ucneZEJ0UfCWzoumqXp1RwZs4je
Because published files are hosted on the web there should be no errors for your client. Also as of the latest patch released today, you can customize the branding for your published files (EG add your own logo and hyperlink). You can see an example of that here: https://share.mindmanager.com/#publish/v_-9BsTHGtUXYGLGOivief7-I_ttyS1JC7S0zcNz
Photo of Heather M

Heather M

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
ah cool! Except, I have a pop up that says there is an update to MindManager available, is that what you mean by the patch? It made my screen black, and I had to shut down and reboot so I'm not sure whether to try again....
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

• 103 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Hi Heather, 

No, the patch I was referring to is on our server side so there is no need to update MindManager. However if you are running version 18.0 (original MindManager 2018 released in September), you may get a notification asking you to update to the latest version which is 18.1 (released in November).

To publish a file you need to do the following:
Photo of Heather M

Heather M

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I saw the publish, thanks! I think I bought the 2018 version in November or December, so not sure why I am getting the pop up about the update? I apparently have 18.0.284 and am being told to update to 18.1.154? When I downloaded the update it blacked out my screen and I couldn't get anything back till I rebooted
Photo of Heather M

Heather M

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
hmmm, can't seem to follow you on the PPT piece.  Attaching screenshot of what I see in the "view" menu? Could not find "autocreate slides" in any of the menus....
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

• 95 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
The auto create slides command is under the "Presentation" menu. It looks disabled in your screenshot. I'm not sure why though, it should be enabled. If you can't enable it on your own, please contact our support team https://www.mindjet.com/contact/
Photo of Heather M

Heather M

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
weird! OK, I went to the options menu a bunch of times, will try support if I can't figure it out thanks!