How to find which node is causing the error of: (1:312281) Illegal xml character when converting from XMind to MindJet? And fix?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
I keep getting this error: (1:312281) Illegal xml character - when attempting to export an XMind file to MindJet. I can export to FreeMind without an issue. How can I find what's causing the error and remove it so that I can export to MindJet, which is the file type our client needs to have?!

Thank you!!
Photo of Maggie Hill

Maggie Hill

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • Frustrated!

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Nigel Goult (Olympic & MIVAP)

Nigel Goult (Olympic & MIVAP)

• 344 Posts
  • 133 Reply Likes
Maggie,

I assume you are trying to export the XMind Map from within XMind?

If that is the case you might be better to contact XMind about the issue as it is their application that is showing the error and not MindManager!

Regards
Nigel

Olympic Limited
Extending Capability to Improve Application of Mindjet MindManager
Check out our latest MindManager add-ins: Topic Tracker - WordX
MAP for MindManager - Have you got the MAP? - Download Today!
Photo of Maggie Hill

Maggie Hill

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I contacted XMind about the issue, but the error actually only shows up IN MindManager after the file has been converted. Please see image. 
Photo of Marian Kocmanek

Marian Kocmanek, Official Rep

• 364 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
Hi Maggie, 

Please open a case with our Support Team and attach a copy of the Map here: https://secure.mindjet.com/app/support.aspx

We will attempt to remove the XML errors and send the file back to you. As this was an exported file out of Xmind, I cannot guarantee we can resolve the issue but we will try. 

Thanks, 
-Marian
Photo of Marian Kocmanek

Marian Kocmanek, Official Rep

• 364 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
Hi Maggie, 

Thank you for sending me the file. I was able to remove the illegal XML characters and have sent the file back to you through email. 
Photo of Maggie Hill

Maggie Hill

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Marian,
Thank you SO much for the assistance!!