How to I select topics related to a topic in Free form mindmap ?

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
I have chosen to use free form mindmap to document relationships between different people in my organisation that comprise of 50 people.

Is it possible to view/highlight after being done Person A and all related relationships to Person A ?
Photo of angylp74

angylp74

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1885 Posts
  • 337 Reply Likes
Interesting approach.
In the free form you may need to add a tag to the relationshiplines (used by PersonA) and via the Mapindex you can then see all.
I will investigate further.

(Edited)
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1885 Posts
  • 337 Reply Likes
The easiest way is to give alle other persons topics a Tag (in your case Person A) You can change the color.
Every time you add a person/topic to your freeform map and if it is a relationship of PersonA you add the tag,
You can drag and drop it form existing relationships.
Once done you can use the Powerfilter to show only the relationship that have the Tag and thus are related to Person A.

You can add multiple tags if someone has more relationships and filter accordingly

And filter on tag B only

Of course you could combine this approach with the normal Tree form maps in Organchart view. That makes it even more useful
(Edited)
Photo of angylp74

angylp74

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
thanks. will try it but does one tag the relationship lines (if possible) so they will show up too ? with normal mindmaps, the hierachy makes it easier for option to view descendents but this is not the case with free form. it is not a organisation chart in that sense since i am charting informal decision paths
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 1274 Posts
  • 354 Reply Likes
If you click onto the relationship label it becomes a callout on the relationship. You can then use Ary's approach to apply a tag to the callout.

Bear in mind that any topic that is linked by a tagged relationship line will appear in the filtered map whether or not it has been tagged itself.
(Edited)