How to import powerpoint File in MindManager 2018

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
Hello,

I would like to import my powerpoint file into MindManager 2018. I don't see any import option inside the MM 2018 (only Word, Project, and OPML); as well no export option for MM inside Powerpoint.

Is there a way? ... This is important as PowerPoint is a most widely used presentation tool.

Thanks and Regards,

Abdul
Photo of Abdul N. Shaikh

Abdul N. Shaikh

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Alf Christophersen

Alf Christophersen

• 54 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Maybe a pointer to something??

https://deonpollard.wordpress.com/2010/11/19/import-powerpoint-into-mm-to-create-knowledgebase/
Otherwise check for the keywords on Google using 'mindmanager import from powerpoint'

Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 978 Posts
  • 240 Reply Likes
It depends on what you mean. If the presentation is primarily text-based and you want to preserve the hierarchical structure of this text in MindManager you can export the presentation from PowerPoint as an RTF document, then open and save this in Word format. You can then import this Word file into MindManager - the slide headings should appear as main topics, the main headings in each slide as sub-topics, and so on.

The major limitation of this approach is that you will lose any graphics in the original presentation. If you want to import any imbedded graphics as well as the slides themselves you can export JPG images of the slides from PowerPoint. Then copy these images and simply paste them into a MindManager map - the slides should appear as separate main topics. Bear in mind that this option has almost the reverse problem of the text-based export approach I described in the first paragraph - you end up with a series of images in which the text and other elements can't be edited.
Photo of thebimbo

thebimbo

• 52 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Hi, you could test drive and even buy ConceptDraw Mindmap that has both import and export capabilities, see here:
https://www.conceptdraw.com/helpdesk/...
Photo of thebimbo

thebimbo

• 52 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
you can then import/export a Mindmanager file from CD Mindmap