How to update Outlook (2013) email threads

• Question
  • Updated 9 months ago
I have dragged and dropped an Outlook 2013 email thread into MindManager and can't figure out how to get the thread to update so it is reflected in MindManager. 

For example, multiple emails have been updated on the Outlook side and I'd like to see that updated on the MindManger side via the 'Sync with Outlook' command so I don't have to drag/drop/delete. 
Photo of Carl Prosack

Carl Prosack

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 842 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes

Can you clarify what you mean by "updated" - do you mean changes in the properties of emails already received or sent (for example, categories that you may have added), or the additional emails that have been subsequently received or sent as part of the thread in Outlook?

Category changes should update when the email is synced between MindManager and Outlook, but I don't think a sync will add any emails that were not dragged and dropped into MM in the first place.

If you want to do this your best option is probably to run an Outlook query in MM based on subject within the relevant date range and add the query and its results to the map. While you will have to run separate queries for the Inbox and Sent Items folders, you can repeat these queries at any time to capture additional emails.

(Edited)