How can I change the language of the Software MM2012 from english to german?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
As an Employee from ORACLE we use the OS language english. I ordered MM2012 and it was deliverd also in english. As I'm a german based User I would now like to change the language from MM2012 in German because I'm more familiar with it. How can/should I do it without bying a new SW?

Regards Zulfikar Saleh
Photo of zsaleh.ora

zsaleh.ora

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Brittney Mazzetta

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Hi Zulfikar. Thank you for your inquiry. In order to install the German version of MindManager on your computer, you will first need to uninstall the English version. Once that is complete, you can use this link to install the German version of MindManager: http://download.mindjet.com/MindManag.... I hope that this helps!
Photo of Tin

Tin

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello, I have the same problem, my MM2012 was wrongly delivered in French and I'd like to work in my native language, Dutch. If I follow your logic I'd need to first uninstall the French version but how can I then install the Dutch version of MM? Any consequences for already existing maps? Thank you kindly for your help.

(I get pretty frustrated too like Zulfikar because after several explicit mails to the MM customer service I never received an answer so yes, I'm very disappointed with their after sales service...)
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1243 Posts
  • 183 Reply Likes
The maps you made are saved on your HD somewhere, and since you made them, they remain the same. The MM software can come in English, French, German and Japanese, (there maybe spanish although I've never seen it)

So the steps are:
1) save you licensekey so you can use it. In MM10 you will find it under Help.
2) uninstall the french version
3) install the english version
4) provide your license key

Open any of you maps to check if it is all still the same as what you made. (don't believe me on my blue eyes)

If you still have questions and need local support.
We provide One-on-one consultancy even if you did not purchase through us.
http://www.drielingh.nl/MindManager/K...
Photo of Tin

Tin

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello Ary,

Thank you very much for your reply. I will try this out and good to know the link to your website.
Regards,
Tin
Photo of Tin

Tin

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Well, I deleted the former version of MM and after reinstalling it still is a French version... I have really no idea what to do next... (Sorry, it is not a MM2012 but a 9.0.214 version for Mac that I have a license key for.)

Anybody else had this problem or can help me out? Thank you very much!
Photo of Tin

Tin

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
... and by the way; after having deleted everything I tried to install a MM9 for Mac trial version and even this one was in French! Why does it select automatically a French operation system, please, we speak 3 official languages here in Belgium.

Any other Flemish or German speaking Belgians had the same problem? And why does MM keep silent? I'm only asking to be able to work in English.
Thank you for further help.
Tin
Photo of Tin

Tin

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
My question is solved via a Mac community.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.