How do I become more a part of the community by posting my photo, please?

• Question
  • Updated 8 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: out of date

I had to go through a huge amount of bulldust allowing Get Satisfaction to access my information from Google+ so a question I asked recently was posted (How do I organise sub-topics alphabetically?).

I have only just started using Google+ because a business contact recommended I have a profile there; he's a smart guy with his fingers on the pulse so I always do as he suggests. Having set up my profile there with the handle 'astrocait' to reflect the aspect of my business I want my contacts there to know about (I conduct astrology, NLP, numerology and Tarot consultations for company and individual clients), I wanted to appear in the Mindjet community as the owner/operator of a business named Om Entelechy, which provides more services than just the modalities mentioned above (NOT to violate community rules and sell anything to anyone but to be represented more holistically, therefore accurately).

I instructed GMail to use my Om Entelechy email address on my Google+ account, so was very surprised - and annoyed - to find my account name here is 'astrocait'. My intention was to be represented here by my full name. I'm unhappy to be represented here in the exact manner I did not want when I can see other community members are represented by their full names when they have chosen to be.

As Mindjet does not offer your paying clients the choice of using Yahoo as a log-in portal and insists we use other providers, having chosen Google, why did it not import automatically my photo from my Google+ profile? I would feel MUCH more part of this community if I knew other people could see my photo; I like to think I'm more than a box with a shadow drawn inside it!! (Maybe not. Lol ...)

My questions are: How do I get my photo onto this community forum so other members know what I look like (supermodel material! Gee, just kidding!) and therefore may feel more 'connected' to me so in future I could feel more connected to them? Why does Get Satisfaction not use Yahoo as a portal when it such a popular and standard email provider worldwide?

I hope people won't think these are irrelevant enquiries. As a brand-new user of Mindjet Professional 2012 for Windows (I purchased it about 10 hours ago), I'm disconcerted to find already I've 'bumped into' two administrative glitches. I'm also annoyed I've spent more time trying to figure out how to fix the glitches than building my map! For almost USD $500, I'd hoped to be a LOT more productive by now.

Really looking forward to hearing from the clever people here. Thank you so much.

Cheers from Caitlin Foster in South-East Queensland, Australia
Photo of CaitlinFoster

CaitlinFoster

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of Brittney Mazzetta

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 70 Reply Likes
You can change your profile by scrolling to the top of the page and hovering over your name. You will get a drop-down menu with the option to select Profile Information. From there, you can add your picture and make edits to your profile. I hope this helps!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.