How do I transition my license and documents to a new computer?

• Question
  • Updated 8 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: out of date

I have been using Mindjet on my old laptop and had to replace it due to recurring hardware issues. My office has numbered licenses. How do I transition my license and documents to my new laptop?
Photo of Karen

Karen

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of Brittney Mazzetta

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 70 Reply Likes
Hi Karen. I just replied to your other inquiry as well. To reiterate what I stated there, please see the following:

Uninstall MindManager on your old laptop, reinstall it on your new laptop and insert your license key. If you have any issues with this or need further assistance, feel free to contact our support team directly: https://secure.mindjet.com/support/co...

Thank you!
Photo of Karen

Karen

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks, Brittney...on my new computer, do I go the free trial option route and then enter the license key at the end of the 30 days, or is there some other place to enter it now?

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 70 Reply Likes
What version of MindManager are you using currently?
Photo of Karen

Karen

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Well, I just uninstalled it on the old computer, so I'm not sure...but it was whichever PC version was current for Windows as of last year.

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 70 Reply Likes
If your license begins with MM9 then you are using MindManager version 9 for Windows. If this is accurate, use this link to download MindManager: http://download.mindjet.com/MindManag.... I hope that this helps!
Photo of Karen

Karen

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
It begins with MP9M...

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 70 Reply Likes
That's the one! The link that I provided you will work.
Photo of Karen

Karen

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Awesome...I just completed the process and am up and running...thanks!

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 70 Reply Likes
No problem at all. If there is anything that I can help you with in the future, please do not hesitate to let me know. Thank you.
Photo of Andrew Wilcox

Andrew Wilcox, Champion

• 1036 Posts
  • 181 Reply Likes
I think you get the option to enter the license key during installation.

If not File > Help
Photo of Karen

Karen

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks, Andrew...you were right! It prompted me to enter it and it worked great.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.