How do you make an add-in available in MM 2012 or MM 9?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
I own MM9, and am considering upgrading to 2012. I am attempting to use the AHa!XLSimp add-in. I have loaded the add-ins for each version. Both load fine, and show up on the 'Add-Ins' menu under options in both products. Now what - and more importantly, where - do I find these to use them?! Do I have to somehow activate it or add it to a ribbon? I don't see an Add-In ribbon like in Microsoft products, so I'm pretty much at a dead end. In searching the internet, apparently I'm the only one who uses add-ins, or I'm missing something that is roaringly simple (probably the most likely option). Any help and direction would be appreciated.
Photo of Jeff Sandy

Jeff Sandy

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Andrew Wilcox

Andrew Wilcox, Champion

• 1026 Posts
  • 176 Reply Likes
I can see the aHa!XLS Import in the File > Import menu.

You can right click the Add In icon and add it to the Quick Access Toolbar from there. But you get a blank icon on the QAT! One for aHa!Coaching to deal with.

In this folder or similar:
C:\Program Files (x86)\aHa!Coaching\aHa!XLS import MM10
you will find a map with full instructions which is loaded when you click Getting Started in the Add Ins pop up pane.
Photo of Jeff Sandy

Jeff Sandy

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks, Andrew. Brilliant answers. As I suspected, it was lack of exploring on my end. The vital key for anyone faced with the same search is your direction to the MindMap provided by AhaCoaching in the Program Files subfolder. Using the mind map in the folder, how to use it (and, most importantly, where to look for it) is clear.

Add-ins - so useful, yet so mysterious.

Thanks again for the quick and effective response!
Photo of aHa!Coaching

aHa!Coaching, Champion

• 1192 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
To add to Andrew's excellent answer: the mind map should also be available at the My Maps task pane on the righthand side of the Mindjet interface (see below). However, it is noted that the location of this mind map should be made more clear in future versions of our add-ins.

Jeff, if you have any further questions please contact me.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.