HTML export format STILL DOES NOT WORK (open ).

• Problem
  • Updated 1 week ago
HTML export (MM 2020) will not open 95% of time in any browser. Whether the program is Windows 10 or the MAC version. This is a FIVE year old problem with MM that loses customers. Why hasn’t this been fixed in all this time?
Photo of Margaret Maizel

Margaret Maizel

• 6 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
  • angry and frustrated. this now amounts to false advertising

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of BlueSky Opertunity

BlueSky Opertunity

• 2 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Mine Works all the time every time, never experience a problem with HTML 5 Interactive Map 
Photo of Margaret Maizel

Margaret Maizel

• 6 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Good for you! I expect your files are smaller than mine. It seems to be a file size problem
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

Sia Banihashemi, Employee

• 180 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
Hi Margaret,

We are not currently aware of any issues with HTML5 export that would cause the file not to open. It sounds like something may have been corrupted during installation or some other problem. We would like to help you resolve this issue as soon as possible. Please email customer.support@mindjet.com and include the details of your issue. Please also tell them to forward the issue to Sia so I can make sure you get this resolved.

Thanks.
Photo of Margaret Maizel

Margaret Maizel

• 6 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi, Sia, my most recent upgrade on my mac to Mac iOS Catalina, 10.15.3 seems to work. on my mac. I'm happy! Now to check my PC.
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

Sia Banihashemi, Employee

• 180 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
Super!
Photo of Margaret Maizel

Margaret Maizel

• 6 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi Sia, on checking it looks like it’s a file size problem. I need to make larger files ~2MB, small ones work. Same for the Mac. Is there a fix for this? Or is it just to keep file size down? Is there file size reducer? —and what was the “new HTML 5 export in your attached email?
Thanks!
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

Sia Banihashemi, Official Rep

• 180 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
Hi Margaret, 

2mb should not be a problem. Here is an example of a published map that is over 2mb: https://share.mindmanager.com/#publish/2FE0i6E-o2dNvqqZc4tMwrEEsSGn0aAYFEdFMzHW  Does it load for you?

I suspect there is some other problem causing this. 

I don't know what you are referring to in your question: what was the “new HTML 5 export in your attached email? I didn't send any emails to you that I know of.
Photo of Margaret Maizel

Margaret Maizel

• 6 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Sia, that was an old community email you offered several years ago for what looks like a similar issue.
Photo of Averheim

Averheim

• 9 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Hi Margaret, 
Redundant answer but like Sia said, it should work just fine. I just published a Map that ́s 51,5 MB which opened nicely. Best plan of action is to contact customer.support@mindjet.com.  
Photo of Margaret Maizel

Margaret Maizel

• 6 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi Averheim, thanks for the comment.  Good to know.  I am running the Mindmanager 12.1.190 with a new iOS upgrade to Catalina 10.15.3. This upgrade (for me, at least) is a very recent upgrade. It now seems to work, but checking a few more things before I conclude what the problem is/was.  Sia seems to be also very helpful. 
Thanks for the reassurance!