Html paperclip icons not clickable

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
When I export to html, some Attached Files show up with the clickable Adobe pdf icon and others with a Paperclip icon that is not clickable. What's the problem?
Photo of Gary Sanden

Gary Sanden

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated, wasting time

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Andrew Wilcox

Andrew Wilcox, Champion

• 1036 Posts
  • 179 Reply Likes

Hi Gary

The web exports only support a single linked document. If you have multiple links, the first linked document is used, the rest are ignored. 

The paper clip represents attachments and they are not supported in the web exports. you will see the paper clip icon on the clickable image but its not clickable.

Tip: Only have single links for maps which you are exporting to the web.

More about linking and attaching here.

http://www.applications.cabre.co.uk/2012/01/hyperlink-or-attach-that-is-the-question/

The web exports have not changed since MindManager X5!  Attachments and multiple links came later. :(

Photo of Gary Sanden

Gary Sanden

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Andrew, thank you much for the reply. I've been working with your software for a decade+, at least it seems that long. I've learned for example to eliminate spaces in file-names to ensure clickablity in html. Yet in some nodes in an MindMap when I attach a file it shows the pdf image. In other cases it shows a paperclip that is clickable in the Mindmap (as it does in the pdf image), yet when exported to html the paperclip image is dead. Also, all Notes are dead. Is there a setting I am missing, and if Yes, how do I adapt?
Photo of Andrew Wilcox

Andrew Wilcox, Champion

• 1036 Posts
  • 179 Reply Likes

Hi Gary

It's not my software.  I am just a fellow exploiter of it like you.

See Sharing Your Mindjet MindManager Maps with the Clickable Image Web Export

The notes are not visible in the Clickable Image Map or Presentation web exports but you should see them in the Outline and One Page exports.

There have been custom exports developed by users which turn topic notes into html title text which popup when you mouseover a topic. The notes have to be short ones.

I have used the topic notes and web exports to build web sites in the past. Using Tables in the topic notes will help a lot with page layout. If you have images in the notes use Insert and Link. Then an image which has been updated e.g. a graph image export from Excel, MindManager will use the latest version in the web export.

Please see

http://maps.cabre.co.uk/index.html  Note it's from 2007.

But all the Business ones top left have been converted to WordPress except Aucquire.

The Fun ones bottom left are interesting. Many sites not longer exist or the business doesn't!

The MindManager MindMapping Take Off Point has links to sites built by other people. Some of the sites are still there.

MindManager can still be effective for rapidly producing web sites for closed group consumption or for mocking up web sites which will be built with another tool e.g. WordPress.  The HTML is old, you may have to modify browser settings to get the Java in the Dynamic menus working and it doesn't have the tools to present the site to the search engines or to link to Social Media in an effective way.

So my tips are:

• mock the web site up with MindManager,
  • draft and gather content,
  • create snippets which you use in the real web site e.g. clickable image maps or single page outline.  See http://www.conferencereaction.co.uk
Photo of aHa!Coaching

aHa!Coaching, Champion

• 1192 Posts
  • 117 Reply Likes
Technically, I know for sure the the web export templates have been updated between the MindManager versions to allow for the exporting of multiple hyperlinks.

Gary, could you maybe share an example of the pages you're talking about?
(Edited)
Photo of Andrew Wilcox

Andrew Wilcox, Champion

• 1036 Posts
  • 179 Reply Likes
Hi Mathieu

Just tested this again. A multiple link is exported with the first link only. You will not find the additional linked documents in the LinkedDocuments folder or mentioned in the HTML.  Same applies for web links.

The web exports may have been updated to exclude all links except the first one (but I doubt it).
Photo of Andrew Wilcox

Andrew Wilcox, Champion

• 1036 Posts
  • 179 Reply Likes
The differences between MindManager 4.5 and 15 in the Web Export file for the clickable image map -  Imgmap.mmbas occur on two lines, none of which are to do with the hyperlink section of the program.

This is a revision for the version using the export

'#Reference {46CD74A5-C6E3-4B73-AC00-8AAB1B3FB9CD}#9.0#0#C:\Program Files\Mindjet\MindManager 15\Mm5WebExport.dll#Mm5WebExport 9.0 Type Library#Mm5WebExportLib

'#Reference {A5082CA1-0580-4287-B3D5-91B0FDB3C0FE}#1.0#0#C:\Program Files\Mindjet\MindManager 5\Mm5WebExport.dll#Mm5webexport 1.0 Type Library

and this is a change of a variable name

m_GraphicExport.AddTopic(m_Doc.VisibleCentralTopic) ' will bring in Callout Topics, Floating Topics and Relationships

m_GraphicExport.AddTopic(m_Doc.CentralTopic) ' will bring in Callout Topics, Floating Topics and Relationships

everything else is the same.
Photo of aHa!Coaching

aHa!Coaching, Champion

• 1192 Posts
  • 117 Reply Likes
OK, it looks like there is a difference between the different templates.
For example, the Static Outline template has the capability to export multiple hyperlinks per topic.