html5 export error

• Problem
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • In Progress
The HTML5 export for Mindmanager 10 Mac version 10.6.125 on osx Sierra 10.13.3 does not work. After 'successfully' creating the html5 file the file keeps on loading in the browser.

After I read about this issue for Windows version and saw it has been resolved I tried exporting the file on a windows machine. Apparently it worked. This issue has been resolved for Windows but not for Mac. All Mac users that do not have a double license like me will be unable to create the html5 export. Besides that, it is very annoying having to start up my old windows machine just for exporting my files.

When will Mindjet update the Mac version? Why are Mac users being discriminated with respect to this issue?

Regards,
Photo of TheScientist

TheScientist

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • disappointed and scammed

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Dominique Vauquier

Dominique Vauquier

• 16 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Thank you for articulating the general mood of the Mac users community.
Many other issues of the Mac version remain unresolved for years.
Photo of TheScientist

TheScientist

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes I was surprised to find such a big difference in functions for Mac as compared to Windows. The functions that are present, I could easily automate that using Python and data mining techniques...(if I had the time)
Photo of lmeinhardt

lmeinhardt

• 21 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
welcome to MindJet (now Corel) view of Mac users... It sucks!
Photo of lmeinhardt

lmeinhardt

• 21 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
I understand the frustration when we believe a company will maintain the same level of quality of all their products, then we end up with the faulty or limited MindManager for Mac.

Going back to your subject... I was able to generate a HTML5 properly... follow my example:

http://www.leandro-meinhardt.com/documentos/TEST.html

In the past I faced a similar problem due the a missing file (bad installation program from MindJet):

/Library/Application Support/Mindjet/Mindjet MindManager/10/MmHtmlViewerTemplate.html

Check if you have this file in your computer, if not, let us know and we can send your the missing file.

Cheers, 

Leandro 
Photo of TheScientist

TheScientist

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Dear Imeinhardt, 

Thanks for your reply! I checked my library and I have the respective file in my system.

I copied it here for your reference:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x3p0e3ipcnfkhki/MmHtmlViewerTemplate.html?dl=0

Any other solutions?

Regards,
Photo of lmeinhardt

lmeinhardt

• 21 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Hey Scientist,

Open your Mac Console and leave it side-by-side while you try to export to HTML5.

I "may" throw a better message error of what is really happening.

For some reason mine is exporting correctly to HTML5

Cheers,

Leandro Meinhardt
Photo of TheScientist

TheScientist

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks! another useful Mac feature i didn't know what I should use it for!

it seems it didn't do anything but tracking my mouse, retrieving my user id and preferences and some 'VBWAIT: announce remote view to VBA' instructions.
Photo of Marian Kocmanek

Marian Kocmanek, Official Rep

• 364 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
@TheScientist, 

Sorry to hear you are encountering issues with the HTML5 Export. May I ask you to send in a copy of your map?  Please send to customer.support@mindjet.com and put 'Attention Marian Kocmanek' in the subject line. line. Our Quality Assurance Team and I will investigate the cause and determine whether we can put a fix in for the next update. 

Best, 
-Marian