HTML5 Export errors opening the files on Safari and Chrome 10.5.133 MacOSX 10.11.6

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Solved
After exporting the HTML file is saved but it will not open dure to error. Any suggestions?
Photo of chris

chris

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Shilpa Kabra

Shilpa Kabra, Official Rep

• 125 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Hi Chris,

Thank you for reporting the issue.
We would like to get a copy of your map and exported HTML file.
I have created a case  00401033 for you and somebody from support team will contact you soon.

Thanks,
Shilpa
Photo of Jeff Williams

Jeff Williams

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I have a similar problem. When I export a map to HTML and try opening it in a web browser I get an error that reads:

Error
Error: reamMmapFile() failed to parse Document.xml. Error: Error parsing XML

Photo of Nee-Joo Teh

Nee-Joo Teh

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm having the same issue - has the solution been found?
Photo of aHa!Coaching

aHa!Coaching, Champion

• 1192 Posts
  • 117 Reply Likes
Does this happen with every map that you try to export?
Photo of chris

chris

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Nope it seems to work when I rename the maps to a simple name and export them. The issue is with newly created maps from this latest version and old maps opened in the new version and attempted to export.
Photo of Nee-Joo Teh

Nee-Joo Teh

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes, same experience here. Only have problem with maps created in the current version. Please help - I urgently need to share my maps with overseas colleagues! 
Photo of David Walsh

David Walsh, Official Rep

• 133 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Nee-Joo

Can you confirm what OS and version of Mindjet you are running? If possible can you send a map/s you are having issues with to customer.support@mindjet.com we can have a look and attempt to replicate
the issue you are having.

Regards
David 
Mindjet Customer Support
Photo of Nee-Joo Teh

Nee-Joo Teh

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi David,

I am running MMM 10.5.133 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.2. Will email my map for you guys to have a look. Thank you for your help!

Photo of David Gwyn

David Gwyn

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Any updates on this problem? I'm having the same issue on Windows 10. I can save as html a map I created in Mindjet 2016 but not maps created in 2017.

Photo of James Lee

James Lee

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am having the same problem with opening HTML5 exports on a Mac running El Capitan 10.11.6; Mindjet version is 10.5.133. Is there a solution to resolve this issue?
Photo of Andrew Wilcox

Andrew Wilcox, Champion

• 1036 Posts
  • 178 Reply Likes
Ran a test with MindManager 17.1.167, Windows 10, Chome 55. It worked with a map created just prior to exporting. I noticed that a message "Updating Exporter" prior to each to export running. The export was successful.

Perhaps a firewall is blocking your exporter updates. This is happening continuously I understand and does not wait for a new MindManager version. But I can't see any Mindjet, MindManager or Corel Firewall rules on my PC.

Latest versions of MindManager are here: https://www.mindjet.com/support-info/...
Photo of James Lee

James Lee

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I tried exporting to HTML5 format at home where there are no firewalls and it still didn't work. However, this morning I reopened the Mindmap file and saved it without the underscores that I used in the original file (e.g., name_of_file.mmap to nameoffile.mmap). I then reopened the new file and exported HTML5 format and it worked! It appears that the HTML5 format does not like underscores in the file name.
(Edited)
Photo of James Lee

James Lee

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The problem has resumed. I made a minor revision in the new mmap file, saved the file, and then exported to HTML5. When I attempted to open the file in a browser (in this case, FireFox and Chrome), I got the following message:

Error

File format is not recognized.

Any ideas why this is happening?
(Edited)
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1354 Posts
  • 204 Reply Likes
If th browsers give you this error... it means that the browser do not recognize HTML5 format

You may be able to update your browser and check again.
(Edited)
Photo of James Lee

James Lee

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I checked the versions of the browsers I am using and they are up to date (FireFox 51.0.1 and Chrome 56.0.2924.87). What is is odd is that the HTML5 export made yesterday morning opens without errors and functions normally, but the revised file does not.
Photo of George Simons

George Simons

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Using my iMac, I can open the html exports in FireFox and Explorer but not in Chrome and Safari!
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

Sia Banihashemi, Official Rep

• 103 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
After you export your map, click "Cancel" in the dialog, then press CTRL + M, what version number of the HTML5 viewer does it show there?
Photo of James Lee

James Lee

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am using the Mac version (10.5.133). There is no option to "Cancel" after exporting to HTML5. 
Photo of George Simons

George Simons

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Are these instructions for the Mac or the PC? I've tried it on the Mac and neither control nor command do anything after clicking "cancel" in either dialog box. ??
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

• 103 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Sorry James and George, maybe try again with the more detailed instructions below:

1. Make an HTML5 Export of the map you are having trouble with
  2. Open the exported HTML file
  3. Click the Cancel button on the below dialog when you are viewing your exported HTML
  4. After the dialog is dismissed Press CTRL + M on your keyboard
  5. You should see a dialog like below

6. Reply with the version number you see there.
Photo of James Lee

James Lee

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Version 1.0.139.

Thanks for clarifying. 
Photo of Kate Lenert

Kate Lenert

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
How do you update the exporter?  I have same problem, am using mac v. 10.5.133 and exporter is 1.0.139
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

• 103 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Hi Kate, 

I posted them above but here are the instructions again

Below are instructions to update the HTML export for MindManager for Mac v 10.5 to the latest production build.

• Download version 1.2.103 of the HTML5 map viewer from https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B11EYGgKiy1yTExDQWhjcFc4UDQ/view?usp=sharing
• Unzip the file
• Navigate to the Applications folder, right click MindManager and select “Show Package Contents” 
• Inside the package contents navigate to the Resources folder Replace MmHtmlViewerTemplate.html with the new version you downloaded 
• Restart MindManager
Photo of Chris Hemingway

Chris Hemingway

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Sadly I am having the same problem - I've had several cases opened around file export - this is a shocking failure of the last couple of years by Mindset - people put information into Mindset with the view it can be exported for various uses.

Please look to fix asap Mac OS 10.11.6
Safari 10.0.3
mindjet 10.5.133

Mindjet Case # 00400435
Mindjet, Corel Corporation Case # 00400394

please update on the status of fixes - this is clearly not a single map issue as the above thread shows !  - and the fix cannot be to email confidential maps to mindset to fix !
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

• 103 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Hi Chris,

There is a new build for Mac available (Build 10.6.112), have you tried it? It's available here: https://www.mindjet.com/mm-mac-dmg
Photo of Chris Hemingway

Chris Hemingway

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Sadly this also fails - come on mindjed - what's the real solution - very frustrating !
Photo of David Simmons

David Simmons

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
I've just updated to 10.6.113, and when I tried to export, the exporter update failed.  Not very helpful. The other option (use local export) requires Java. Not sure why.
Photo of Sia Banihashemi

• 102 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Hi  David,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing technical difficulties exporting your file. It's our goal to provide a high quality export that you can share with others as easily as possible. Please email customer.support@mindjet.com about your issue, they can help you troubleshoot with a screen sharing session. 
Photo of chris

chris

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Failed for me too. How about you extend our license another year as I have not gotten a product that I can communicate to teams with in an efficient way.
Photo of Chris Hemingway

Chris Hemingway

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Absolutely agree - the current product is ineffective if you cannot export data into more "corporate" frameworks - missing the "slide /ppt" export feature also sucks

Maybe time to re review strategy on mind mapping tools
Photo of Chris Hemingway

Chris Hemingway

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
@mndjet customer services - this case is still outstanding 00400435 - welcome a chase up
Photo of chris

chris

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Pls tell your release manager sorry does not cut it when a tool is used in strategic projects. This issue has been around way too long. You need to put more resources into fixing it. Now how about a license extension to those impacted?