HTML5 Export remove / customise branding (NOT via the Publishing option)

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
Hi Folks,

We have a large number of maps which will be posted on an intranet. These maps are only available internally and with no access to internet.

One of the key requirements is that all maps displayed on the intranet be devoid of branding. That means anything that shows a logo from the company that produced the product is not allowed. The Mind Manager logo in the centre of the page when a map (exported as HTML5) appears when the map is loaded.

I am fully aware that the removing of branding can be done through Publish. However, that is publishing the map to an internet facing host, which is not acceptable.

Can anyone please advise why the option to remove branding is only available on Publish and not generally through Html5 export, and what can be done to alter the branding (without having to hack around in the exported maps - we have a large number!)

Thanks
Photo of Geoff Evelyn

Geoff Evelyn

• 17 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Sia

Sia, Official Rep

• 276 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Hi Geoff, 

Currently there is no way to remove the logo without editing the HTML code.

We are working on a solution that would let customers use the HTML5 export settings in the Windows application to export HTML5 documents without the logo. This would not support custom branding like in publishing, it would just provide a way to remove the MindManager logo. Would that work for you? 
Photo of Geoff Evelyn

Geoff Evelyn

• 17 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. We have business users who would not be keen in the extreme of having to modify HTML code to remove / change the logo.

If changing the logo is not possible, removing it would be useful - however - that raises another problem; when loading a busy map that the progress bar would show up with no indication of what was being loaded (because the logo was removed). The whole point of changing the logo is not hiding the producer of the software; its more indicating to the viewer what the map is about.... So seeing only the progress bar with nothing else may solve 'branding' but raises adoption problems.

Cheers

G
Photo of Geoff Evelyn

Geoff Evelyn

• 17 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Am Bumping this.

Folks,

I have clients whose Mind Manager maps are solely for use within their organisations and will not be published or made available for public consumption.

Each time a HTML5 export is done, and then embedded say on an internal website and loaded, a progress bar appears and above it the Mind Manager Logo. Clients are naturally concerned that whilst they have already bought the product why the blatant advertising again.

I've had several clients drop the product because the logo is shown for html5 exports which are then to be published internally on a SharePoint site (for example). Also, good reasons for doing this include training maps where the company needs to show their logo, NOT the mind managers logo. 

Can you please advise me when the feature allowing the removal / replacement / customisation of the Mind Manager Logo for HTML5 exports is available or if there is a workaround to remove them from the .HTML file produced. I already know this is available for publish options though as I said, these maps are not for visibility outside of the organisation.

Geoff
Photo of Sia

Sia, MindManager Product Design & Management

• 261 Posts
  • 63 Reply Likes
Hi Geoff, I mentioned earlier that we are working on enabling removal of the logo in HTML5 export at the time of export. The name of the map will also be displayed on the loading screen as part of this new capability.

In the mean time you can hide the MindManager logo by adding the following code inside the <head> of the exported HTML <style type="text/css">.logo-img {display:none;}</style>
Photo of Edgar Smeets

Edgar Smeets

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Geoff, this works for me. Sadly the condition 'without having to hack around in the exported maps - we have a large number!' cannot be met.. You will have to do this edit with each of the exported files, so it seems. Regards, Edgar
Photo of Geoff Evelyn

Geoff Evelyn

• 17 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Hi,

Thank you. Will advise the client to use the code you suggested. One other point, the Mind Manager logo is also displayed at the bottom right of the output which when clicked shoots off to here: https://www.mindjet.com/?utm_source=html5export

Am assuming that the work you doing to resolve removal includes removal of that Logo. Is there anyway of preventing this from happening (say using Code) because again this seems to be advertising Mind Manager when in fact the client already owns the product and does not want their users jumping off to Mind Manager sites?

Cheers

G
Photo of Sia

Sia, MindManager Product Design & Management

• 261 Posts
  • 63 Reply Likes
Yes the logo on the bottom right of the canvas will be included.
Photo of User Feedback

User Feedback

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
First off: Your <style type="text/css">.logo-img {display:none;}</style> method is not working in MM 2019. Second: This method is absolute nonsense, you are simply upselling to paying customers. When your customer exports a map in html5 for their business, they shouldn't get forced to give free advertisement for your company, it's that simple. If you as a PLM don't get it, get ready to face the harsh truth of "If you don't listen to your customers, soon you won't have any.".

(Edited)
Photo of Geoff Evelyn

Geoff Evelyn

• 17 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
+++1

Please MM product team, you must resolve this issue immediately (stating over 11 months ago that you was looking at this is disappointing given that nothing has happened despite a good number of updates to MM in that time including the new version release!).

Just last week I demonstrated MM to a customer who is keen to use MM to present maps on their intranet. When seeing the MM logo they asked if it could be replaced. I explained the options:

1: The customer manually modifies the html code.
2: The customer uses MM publish.

The customer said (paraphrasing) - 'If Mind Manager thinks we are in the business of promoting their product after buying it, or thinks that we have the luxury of spending time and resources to remove their banner from something we create and we own, they can think again'.

They dropped any further demonstration.

This is despite me even mentioning that MM is in the process of looking at this issue, and if you look at the last reply stating that MM was going to do anything that was a year ago.

Also, ref my original response to MM where I stated I would pass the 'resolution' to the client - the client used this 'resolution' for one map, then dropped MM altogether.
Photo of Ruby 林

Ruby 林

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Why the insert file cannot download after certin map export as HTML5 map?
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1845 Posts
  • 315 Reply Likes
Please provide images of what you want to improve. That maybe help us respond.
Photo of Peter Wilks

Peter Wilks

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Is there an update to this issue?
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1890 Posts
  • 339 Reply Likes
Have you checked ? And....?