I can't open mind map sent to me via email on Iphone or Ipad

• Problem
  • Updated 9 months ago
When I or my colleagues sent to maps to my email, I can't open it on my Iphone or Ipad. There is the open dialog which suggests to copy map to Mindjet, application opens to it title screen and nothing happens. Map doesn't appear in the application. Help please to solve this problem.
Photo of Alexey

Alexey

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1237 Posts
  • 182 Reply Likes
I assume you have installed the latest version of the Mindjet MindMapping App?

There the best way to open it is from BOX and not just try to open the attached *.mmap file
(Edited)
Photo of Alexey

Alexey

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes, I have the latest version. Unfortunately, corporate security doesn't allow to use any cloud services. So, emailing is the only one available option to sync maps between devices.

• 1237 Posts
  • 182 Reply Likes
If that is the case corporate security will most likely not be very happy with the fact that you bend the rules by sending your company maps via email to an insecure device not controlled by them?

Can you send maps from your IOS Mindjet app to your desktop via email?
Photo of Alexey

Alexey

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Iphone has the same corporate email and device is controlled by them.

And yes, I can send from Iphone to the desktop and it works well.

• 1237 Posts
  • 182 Reply Likes
Your solution - until something changes in the functionality, or your company policies  -  is:

Work on your iphone send your maps via email and keep the desktopversion as read only.
Photo of Alexey

Alexey

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Unfortunately this is what I don't need. My goal is to work with the maps on my Desktop and use them on Iphone and Ipad as a notes or reminders during meetings and conferences.
Photo of aHa!Coaching

aHa!Coaching, Champion

• 1192 Posts
  • 115 Reply Likes
So, let's go back to the original question as there should be an integration from e-mail to the Mindjet Maps app on iOS and not everyone is on the cloud platforms that the app supports (Mindjet Files/Dropbox/Box).

I tried to replicate the issue and was able to do so on iOS 11: there's an icon in the Share Sheet when opening an attached map, but this just opens the app without opening the map.

I'll try to bring this to the developer's attention.
Photo of Alexey

Alexey

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you very much!

• 1237 Posts
  • 182 Reply Likes
Well at least developers know now, since I am sure that they follow this community and had read my remark - until something changes in the functionality, - that was posted above.