I want to set the time delay for click to drag (little hand) on the canvas to zero. Is this possible?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
When you right-click and hold on the map canvas there is a short delay before the pointer turns into the little hand, indicating that you can now drag the canvas to change your view into the map.

I want to dial down that delay to zero so that I am able to click and drag at the same time, without having to wait for the little hand.

Is this possible? If yes, then how do I set it?
Photo of Chris

Chris

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Andrew Wilcox

Andrew Wilcox, Champion

• 1036 Posts
  • 178 Reply Likes
There are two functions here:

Left click and drag immediately, creates a corner of the "rubber band" for selecting items.

Left click, pause and drag which gives the hand of movement!

I don't think you can set the time delay or disable the rubber band function.
Photo of Andrew Wilcox

Andrew Wilcox, Champion

• 1036 Posts
  • 178 Reply Likes
My 1 minute video demonstrating the two modes
http://www.screencast.com/t/O1eSRBcwr
Photo of Nick Duffill

Nick Duffill, Champion

• 518 Posts
  • 173 Reply Likes
Chris

Right-clicking and dragging the canvas is immediate.

Left-clicking and dragging involves the delay before MindManager decides whether you are using the rubber band selection tool or wish to drag the canvas.
Photo of Andrew Wilcox

Andrew Wilcox, Champion

• 1036 Posts
  • 178 Reply Likes
I can only occasionally get the right-click and drag to move the map. Mostly I get the pop up menu.
Photo of Chris

Chris

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks everyone for the tips. Right-click & drag is working for me in MM2012. (Long time freemind user here transitioning to MindManager. I found the left click delay before drag very annoying as the same action was immediate in freemind.)
Photo of Nick Duffill

Nick Duffill, Champion

• 518 Posts
  • 173 Reply Likes
Andrew, are you using a tablet PC? The pop-up menu usually appears only on button-up, so right-click, hold & drag then release should not throw the pop-up menu if the drag mode has been triggered.
Photo of Andrew Wilcox

Andrew Wilcox, Champion

• 1036 Posts
  • 178 Reply Likes
Hi Nick.

Thanks to both of you for pointing the right click option out. I am using a Tablet PC but in a docking station with a mouse and with MindManager on the extended monitor for my first try.

For my second try I have MIndManager on the PC screen. The map moves far more often than the pop up menu popping here.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.