iFilter for MindManager 2012 for Windows

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
In the Windows 7 search I can't find the content of Mmap-files. I've installed a iFilter and can find MindManager 2002 - files.
But I can't find an iFilter which works with MindManager 2012.
Is there an iFilter for MindManager 2012-files?
Photo of kai.guenther

kai.guenther

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Brittney Mazzetta

Brittney Mazzetta

• 1981 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Hi Kai. Thank you for your post. I see that you have a support ticket open regarding this issue. I have personally followed up with our team and someone will be reaching back out to you regarding this. Thank you for your patience.
Photo of kai.guenther

kai.guenther

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello Brittney,

Thank you, for your comment. But: one week later. - there is still no answer!

What's the problem with this question? I think it should be normal, that there's a iFilter for MindManager 2012-files too. It's really necessary, that the Windows-Search find all content of mmap - files!

I'm still waiting...
Photo of Ryan Rudnitsky

Ryan Rudnitsky

• 20 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Did you purchase the iFilter from this site? http://ifiltershop.com/mindmanager-if...

I am working with the company to find out if the program is supported by MindManager 2012. I should have an answer for you very soon.

Thanks,
Ryan

Consulting Services
Mindjet.com
Photo of kai.guenther

kai.guenther

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes, that's the site.

Thanks,
Kai
Photo of Ryan Rudnitsky

Ryan Rudnitsky

• 20 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Response from iFilterShop: "We have tested MindManager IFilter on a very limited number of MindManager 2012 files that we were able to obtain/generate and it passed all the tests successfully. I will update MindManager 2012 compatibility information on our website shortly."
Photo of Stuart Donaldson

Stuart Donaldson

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Why doesn't Mindjet integrate the search filter plugin directly into MindManager? This business of having to buy a third party plugin that is maintained as an after though is rediculous.

I use MindManager as a main source of note taking, and with Windows 7 full integration of windows live search functionality, Document search is now part of the the eco-system. Not supporting document search is like not supporting files longer than 8.3.

I actually came here looking to see if they had fully supported search in 2012, because I wanted to know if it was worth upgrading from MM7, but i see that they haven't.
Photo of John Barber

John Barber

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Stuart,

If you use the search within MindManager it will return matches from within topics. Just click on search on the right hand task pane.

Thanks

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.