I'm evaluating MindManager... Are instructions available as a mind map?

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • In Progress
I've found a nearly 500 page PDF guide as well as videos that cover some features here and there.  It seems like it would be nice to have an interactive mind map that went over how to use all the features of the program.  I am using the mac version.
Photo of Adam Romary

Adam Romary

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • Curiosity

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Jörg

Jörg

• 78 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes

Yes, it is obvious that the detailed manual is not only available as a * .pdf but also as a mind map. That could be tackled by someone from Mindjet, maybe a very good description of what MM can do.

Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 1215 Posts
  • 315 Reply Likes
This is an attractive idea and I think a map showing the main features is a good concept, but if you attempted to cover the whole manual you would create a very large map, or more likely, a series of linked maps. This could become so complicated that it could be accessed only by experienced users, which would limit its usefulness.
Photo of Jörg

Jörg

• 78 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes

The manual alone doesn't help much, it also needs videos to see what is possible.
The manual is good for the basics. 

Although the videos from MM are very good but often too long with 1h.
Shorter with a smaller scope would certainly be more helpful for many new users of MM.

Everyone uses the building block of possibilities differently and little by little the full range of possibilities becomes apparent.

Photo of Marian Kocmanek

Marian Kocmanek, Official Rep

• 441 Posts
  • 86 Reply Likes
Hi All, 

I like the ideas here. MindManager is a huge application and there are far too many features to cover in a Help Map. I love the idea of shorter help videos to cover individual features in MindManager. 

What features would you like to covered in help/tutorial videos and why? 

Best, 
-Marian
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 1215 Posts
  • 315 Reply Likes
H Marian,

I think this is a great idea. I think you could look at two levels of video: 

- Videos for new users introducing mind mapping, MindManager, and its basic functions.

- Videos for more experienced users describing specific advanced features, for example, formulas, SmartRules, SmartShapes, Gantt charts, Tag/Icon view, etc
Photo of Jörg

Jörg

• 78 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
In my opinion, a few examples from the practical implementation as a video by Mindmanager would be helpful.

It does not show how everything works in detail in Mindmanger, but what the benefits are when used in practice.

Many would surely be curious about Mind Managers.

I have colleagues who used Mind Manager years ago, because it was often used for brainstorming ... and that's how it is in the mind :-)

All the new functions with the associated possibilities ... they have no idea what's all possibel today.