IMPORT FROM IMINDMAP

• Problem
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
How can we import/read directly a imindmap file  *.immx 

Hi, I have MM18 and many add-ins . that is very pro. But I also have imindmap 11.  As a matter of fact, imindmap CAN OPEN AND READ mindmanager files immediately. But Mindmanager DOES NOT OPEN nor READ immx Files. I have to export from imindmap to WORD and then IMPORT from word in Mindmanager. Is there any add-in or mindmanager evolution that will allow opening directly imindmap (immx) Files directly ?  Thanks
Photo of Patrick Dolisie

Patrick Dolisie

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1233 Posts
  • 181 Reply Likes
Yes it would be nice if MindManager could import all other mindmap file formats.
We have been asking this for some time now. Maybe a future release provides some options.
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1233 Posts
  • 181 Reply Likes
And maybe this works....

(i don't have iMindmap so you should try it yourself. It works with some mindmapsoftware though ;-)

Copy the mindmap when open in iMindmap.
Next, paste it in MindManager. Save that one.
See what happens.

I am curious as well what your results are.
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 827 Posts
  • 208 Reply Likes
Also have a look at iThoughts from toketaWare. iThoughts is a basic mind mapping program in its own right - no rival for MindManager but not a bad program at all, given its low price - and one of its great strengths is the ability to import and export many mind mapping formats. It costs $50 for the Windows version, which I use mainly for this purpose, but there's a free trial so you can see if it works for you.
Photo of Patrick Dolisie

Patrick Dolisie

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi, I have tried that naturally. Well it loses all pyramid structure. It becomes flat in Mindmanager.  But exporting from imindmap to word and then importing from word into mindmanager is working. But that is not interesting nor fast enough. All have a nice day.
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 827 Posts
  • 208 Reply Likes

Patrick I assume you were responding to Ary's comment and not mine. Using iThoughts as a way to convert a iMindmap file to MindManager format does preserve the map structure and also things like graphics, priorities, relationships etc, though if speed is an issue this process might not be fast enough for you.