Install Mindmanager 15 as viewer without trial period.

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
We deploy an unlicensed Mindmanager install to a number of computers to be used as Viewer.

Is it possible to cancel or suspend the trial period and have Mindmanager 15 install and act as a viewer only?

Btw. we are a paying costumer and have +100 licensed installations running.
Photo of Jesper Bendtsen

Jesper Bendtsen

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1383 Posts
  • 208 Reply Likes
If you don't enter a license key after the trial period it automatically becomes a viewer.
So if you wait the 30 days before making the install, you should be OK.
Photo of Jesper Bendtsen

Jesper Bendtsen

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Thank you for replying to my question.

I might be wrong, but as far as I know the trial period starts when the software is installed, not the day you get access to download the trial software.
But I will test anyway :-)

Photo of Nigel Goult (Olympic & MIVAP)

Nigel Goult (Olympic & MIVAP)

• 352 Posts
  • 136 Reply Likes
You could try setting the system date/time back 31 days when installing and then re-setting it after install. This might force the read-only, expired trial version.

You might also be able to suppress the expired trial nag screen by altering one/two of the registry keys. These seem likely:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mindjet\MindManager\15\Settings\ShowWelcomeScreen
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mindjet\MindManager\15\Settings\LicenseDontRemindMeAgain

You'd probably need to set these to a value of "0"

Not 100% this will work and difficult to test without a MindManager clean machine but sounds like it should.

I am sure the registry key changes suppress the welcome and license reminder screens as I have done this before on previous versions.

Regards

Nigel

Have you got your MAP? - MAP for MindManager, the ultimate companion to MindManager for Windows! Learn more at www.mapformindmanager.com