Interface from MM2020 to Office 365

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
I know about the interface between MM2020 and Outlook from Office 365, which is very helpfull if you use MM for tasks of project control.
Is it possible to use "To DO" or "Planner" from Office 365 ?
Photo of Jörg

Jörg

• 81 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of bdesilva

bdesilva

• 10 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
That would be way cool. You can use the Outlook integration to get it into Todo directly since those tasks are exposed there. There are also tools such as apps4.planner.pro that integrate outlook with Planner, which then go to ToDo also. That all being said a direct integration would be much nicer.
Photo of Dan Skiendziel

Dan Skiendziel

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Similar response as bdesilva.  I frequently save tasks from MM to Outlook. When I go over to ToDo, I can see my Outlook tasks over there too automatically, including the notes, whether added to the task in Outlook or MM.  Planner links into ToDo also, but I don't believe there is any direct connection between Planner and MM.  So, I use Outlook as my bridge between MM and ToDo.

Yes, direct Planner integration to MM would be ideal.
Photo of Jörg

Jörg

• 81 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Thanks all !!!
"...a direct integration would be much nicer"
"Yes, direct Planner integration to MM would be ideal."

Is there anybody from MM ?
Please can you tell us is MM thinking - or better working - by a directly connection beetween MM and ToDO and Planner ?
Photo of Marian Kocmanek

Marian Kocmanek, Official Rep

• 448 Posts
  • 95 Reply Likes
Hi Jorg, 

Thank you for your post. We do not have integrations with Microsoft Planner or To Do but I have been looking at this.  How would you use the integrations if we were to build them? Would you use this individually or with a team? 

Thanks, 
- Marian 
Photo of bdesilva

bdesilva

• 10 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi Marian,
Think of an integration to MS Project, or the gant and task information MM covers and can display. Since most Office365 organizations keep their basic plans in planner to get a 360deg view of all projects we need MM tasks/projects to be exposed there, our files to be stored there (Sharepoint), our maps to be available for others to view, or edit if they have a license, in Teams and Sharepoint
Photo of Jörg

Jörg

• 81 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Hi Marian,
I would use it in pharmaceutical projects and thats allways great teams.
I heard that the tasks in outlook in future will be changes from MS to ToDo.
Big organizations use more and more planner...
so I think it's the future