Is it possible to zoom inside the built in browser?

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
I want to use the built in browser to view high resolution images I have dragged into a map, but they are shown full pixel size so I only see 5% and I can not find a way to zoom out on the image - Ctrl - and Ctrl + always only change the size of the mind map... (Windows 10)

Photo of grant nelson

grant nelson

• 13 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Andreas Lercher

Andreas Lercher

• 122 Posts
  • 53 Reply Likes
The internal browser is using IE. You can zoom by using CTRL + mouse wheel.

But I prefer the way to deactivate the internal browser. You find this in the drop down menu of the link command in the insert ribbon

Best,
Andreas
Photo of grant nelson

grant nelson

• 13 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Thank you very much!  It works as you say.  I am happy. 

I will consider disabling the browser, if the file will open in an application I can set in Mind Manager and not use the Windows default.  For example, I do not want to view jpg files with photoshop, which is my default because of my other work... I will play with it and see what I do.
Photo of Sia

Sia, Official Rep

• 275 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Hi Grant,

I would recommend you use the new image thumbnail feature. The advantages of this feature:
  • Thumbnail in the topic let's you know there is an image to view and gives you a clue as to what image it is
  • Easily change the size of the thumbnails for one ore more topics
  • Set the maximum size images will be displayed when clicked.

Drag into the map and select the Add as Topic Thumbnail Image option:

Click the thumbnail to view the full image

Go to the Format Topic dialog to change the size of the thumbnail on the topic or the maximum size the image is displayed when viewing the full image.
Photo of grant nelson

grant nelson

• 13 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Thanks!  Thats an impressive feature.   I can use this in the future I am sure.
Photo of Andreas Lercher

Andreas Lercher

• 122 Posts
  • 53 Reply Likes