Is the Milestone checkbox supposed to be greyed out (disabled) for the descendants of the topic with task roll-up enabled (checked)?

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Answered
It seems that I can't edit the set as Milestone of descendants topic in task info once I rolled up the task from the parent/ancestor topic. I can edit the Milestone after I uncheck the Roll-up task of the parent/ancestor topic and then checked the Milestone of the children/descendant (and checked again the Roll-up task on the ancestor/parent topic).

I do a lot of back and forth when adjusting it. Is it supposed to be functioned like that? Sorry, I am new to this.
Photo of 0910307055158 KUSMAYADI

0910307055158 KUSMAYADI

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • Confused

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1888 Posts
  • 337 Reply Likes
There is a difference.
A Milestone is NOT  a Common Task.
You can read about their behaviour in the extensive Help. 

e.g.
Select Milestone to denote a milestone task . A Milestone task needs only either a Start Date or Due Date. If it has both, the Due Date is used for Gantt display. Other Task Info on milestone tasks is ignored by the Task and Resource Management functions. (You can also do this by clicking Milestone on the Task tab.) etc. etc.
(Edited)
Photo of 0910307055158 KUSMAYADI

0910307055158 KUSMAYADI

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Ah, that makes sense now after you put it that way. I guess I need to adapt my PM framework to this unique behavior of MM. I also notice that if I set the duration to zero it's automatically set the task as a milestone.