Is there a workaround for web based MindManager when Flash is no longer supported?

• Question
  • Updated 8 months ago
I use a University computer that doesn't have Flash installed and I am unable to install it. I use this computer when I am away from my primary computer on which MindManager is installed.  Is there a workaround or a solution for this?
Photo of Stan Grigsby

Stan Grigsby

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1890 Posts
  • 339 Reply Likes
Hi Stan,
In MM2020 no flash is used

Flash was needed for the dynamic pdf export that was abandoned several versuions ago.
So no need to install flash to gain all benefits of MM2020 at University
Photo of Stan Grigsby

Stan Grigsby

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you for your response.  I am using the web access at the University.  I am using that to access my maps online and to demonstrate its use to my colleagues.  The web version asks for Flash.
Stan

• 1890 Posts
  • 339 Reply Likes
I suggest you start using the publish function. Html5 so no flash. The web function is end of life
Photo of Stan Grigsby

Stan Grigsby

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I like the idea of html5; however, can I access my cloud based files using an html5 based system?  I haven't been keeping up with everything happening with MindManager so have probably missed changes.  Thanks again for your notes.  Also, can I share an editable map with the html5 implementation?  I will try some of this when I get to my primary computer this evening.

• 1890 Posts
  • 339 Reply Likes
Try it first
Obviously you have to publish your cloud based files to the new cloud place.
Read the help and the mindjet blog about it and you will be amazed.
And while you are at it, check out the co-editing faciltiy (extra subscription of only 29,00 per year) See the demo on the mindjet.com website