Is there any way to get MindManager to zoom-in to the current location of the mouse?

• Problem
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • (Edited)
Hello

Is there any way to get MM2019 to zoom into the location of the mouse pointer, rather than zooming into the centre of the screen?

This is after all how zooming works in most graphics applications (e.g. Photoshop, Xara Designer etc) and is much faster.

Background: I am working on a very large map, so I need to zoom in and out a LOT. Yes, I know that you can move up and down with the scroll wheel, and you can right-click to drag the screen around, but that much slower.

Thanks

J
Photo of John Smith

John Smith

• 131 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of John Smith

John Smith

• 131 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
PS I notice other applications also zoom OUT from the location of the mouse pointer, and this is helpful too as it provides a way of moving across the screen (i.e. in effect AWAY from where you don't want to be).

Photo of Richard Poole

Richard Poole

• 16 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I would like to see this too as well as the ability to centrally zoom on whatever topic is selected.
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1616 Posts
  • 242 Reply Likes
Maybe you could try and see what is in the VIEW tab under Detail and Zoom.

The Focus on Topic function zooms on whatever topic is selected.
Photo of John Smith

John Smith

• 131 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Yes using F3 to "Focus n Topic" is useful - thanks.

Mostly I use Right-click Drag to move the screen, but you have to make sure not to click on any topic by mistake. 

But it's still not the same thing. In some of my other applications (e.g. Xara Designer), Control+Scrollwheel zooms you in and out of the mouse pointer's position and once found, this is a very fast/intuitive way of moving around a larger file... 
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1616 Posts
  • 242 Reply Likes
Right-click Drag to move the screen works, but just click with left mousebutton down on your screen anywhere changes the mousepointer into a handsymbol to drag as well. ..easier??

Photo of John Smith

John Smith

• 131 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Ah - interesting. Left click works, but only if you hold your click and keep it stationary for the first half-second or so after you click. If you accidentally keep the mouse moving for the first half-second after you left-click, it goes into and stays in Selection mode. 

Whereas right-clicking doesn't have that problem and always goes into the hand symbol. 

[Also I occasionally find myself doing an accidental double-left click which creates a new topic, of course... ]

So, all-in-all, I think I'll stick with right-click &drag