Language selection field missing: Changing program language as described in manual does not work

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Not a Problem
Changing program language as described at http://www.mindjet.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/End-User-Language-Selector-Instructions_EN.pdf does not work, as the menue does not display the language selection drop-down option. 

Any ideas for this behavior and how to "recover" the language selection option? 

I am using MindManager 18.1.154 on a Windows PC.
Photo of My

My

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1592 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Yes you are right... It is missing in my version as well.
Development and Testing team should know this and take care it is solved soon.
Photo of aHa!Coaching

aHa!Coaching, Champion

• 1192 Posts
  • 118 Reply Likes
Same here on MindManager Enterprise 18.1.154 (English). Not sure why this isn't showing up, there are also no special instructions about language settings in the Large Scale Deployment Guide.

However, I noticed when doing a clean installation of 18.1.154 it *will* show the language options... so it might be related to updating settings from 18.0 to 18.1?

• 1592 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Strange and annoying.
This should have been noticed by the test-team before updating.
I expect an update soon, since I do not want to do a new or clean installation.
That was never necessary before.
Photo of Marian Kocmanek

Marian Kocmanek, Official Rep

• 377 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi All, 

The in-product language selector is only available to MindManager Enterprise users that installed MindManger 2018 SP1 using the Admin MSI installers. For users who installed MindManager via our simplified executable installer, you are given the option to choose the product language at install time. 

Best, 
-Marian 

• 1592 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Oh..
Nice to know.
Photo of My

My

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi @Marian, Thanks for the explanation. I accidentially changed the language from German to English when installing the latest update. How can I change the language back to German? I tried reinstalling the update, but that did not work (I was not asked to select the language). Thanks for an idea...
Photo of Marian Kocmanek

Marian Kocmanek, Official Rep

• 377 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Hi My, 

You will need to uninstall MindManager from the Control Panel, then download MindManager again using our Stub installer - https://www.mindjet.com/mm-win-exe 

Best,
 -Marian