Last Java update broke MM 10.6.125 ability to properly export to PDF

• Problem
  • Updated 3 months ago
Today Oracle updated the JAVA 8 to Update 161 (build 1.8.0_161-b12), and since then every time I try to export a mind map to PDF format, it ends up generating a corrupted pdf file.

I was working in the morning with the MM, exporting it fine. But now, I cannot export to PDF anymore, only when I print as pdf it works. I will try to re-start my MAC to see if this works (standard MicroShit solution for most of their problems)
Photo of lmeinhardt

lmeinhardt

• 21 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Jigs Gaton, Consultant

Jigs Gaton, Consultant

• 110 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Well, interesting enough, just a few moments ago this was posted by another user: https://community.mindjet.com/mindjet/topics/inconsistent-but-frequent-broken-hyperlinks-in-mindmana...
And all I can say is that if you are using a mac to produce PDFs, heaven help you. See my response there for an explanation and my reasons / solution. Cheers,
Jigs
Photo of lmeinhardt

lmeinhardt

• 21 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Here is the weird stuff. I have two MACs (MBP 2009 & 2014). The 2009 does not allow me to move any further than El Capitan [OS 10.11.6 (15G18013)] and on this MAC I still us JAVA 8 Update 151, and export to PDF works like a charm.

This is really a problem of compatibility of MM with JAVA, and I am certain they will be fixing it soon. 

Case #00432589 created - last wait for their response
(Edited)
Photo of Jigs Gaton, Consultant

Jigs Gaton, Consultant

• 110 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Well, I don't want to break any bubbles, but I just tried creating a PDF with MM Version 10.6.125 on a mac running the latest Java update and with macOS high sierra. Everything is fine here :)

l
Photo of lmeinhardt

lmeinhardt

• 21 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
I installed Adobe Acrobat Reader DC again, I had removed it in the past, the Apple Preview was working better than Adobe. And guess what! Now I can export correctly to PDF again...