Link MM 2020 topics - not working

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Answered
Hi,

since I moved to MindManager 2020 Windows is not able anymore to open links to topics, eg:

mj-map:///C:\OneDrive%20-%20Landis+Gyr\!%20GTDPROJECTs\[R]%20SMG%20ANIE\1%20ANIE%20SMG%20Prj%20-%20Project%20Cover.mmap#oid={4F527E5F-BF9A-4D49-93C6-4BFB9015C59D}

he askes me to select rigth app in Microsoft store and MindManager is not listed there of course.
While .mmap files are correctly associated to MindManager, so if I click on a .mmap file is correctly opened in MM not for topics link as above.

Any thoguths?
Br,
Vincenzo
Photo of Vincenzo Quintani

Vincenzo Quintani

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1720 Posts
  • 265 Reply Likes
If have that problem with other documents (not with MMAP's) seems to be a Microsoft issue since the latest update.
(Edited)

Vincenzo Quintani

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Ary,
in reality links to any other file including .mmap files works correctly. 
Is just link to topics not recognized as .mmap files. I do not know if there something similar to MM topics link with other software that I could test. ?!?

Vincenzo Quintani

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Any thougth on this? Working with Evernote notes is an important features to keep two tools linked.
Photo of Marian Kocmanek

Marian Kocmanek, Official Rep

• 421 Posts
  • 79 Reply Likes
Hi Vincenzo, 

I suggest contacting our Technical Support Team at www.mindjet.com/contactus. It sounds like a file association or link issue.

Best regards, 
-Marian

Vincenzo Quintani

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Miriam, I will then

Vincenzo Quintani

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Marian,

I tried to solve with Technical Support Team for several days by mail without success. :-( 
(Edited)
Photo of Marian Kocmanek

Marian Kocmanek, Official Rep

• 421 Posts
  • 79 Reply Likes
Thanks for the update, Vincenzo. 

If Technical Support can reproduce the issues you are seeing, they will send my team an escalation and we will look into resolving this in a future release. 

Best, 
-Marian

Vincenzo Quintani

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
It has now been solved with an Installation repair. Thanks a lot. Vincenzo