Lockup on New A7 Devices (iPhone 5s, iPad Mini Retina, iPad Air)

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • In Progress
  • (Edited)
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Mindjet for iOS 7 and/or A7 Device Issue Thread

Recently upgraded to iPhone 5s with ios7.0.3 and the map that I use on Dropbox simply locks up when attempting to add a new task.
Photo of Rob Veck

Rob Veck

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of tonysacksteder

tonysacksteder

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Just re-connected IPad version, on new iPad Air. Total fail..

Just re-connected IPad version, on new iPad Air. Total fail. Will not run past two entries without hanging. From reviews on App Store, this seems to be a common occurance. I've been a mindjet user (and upgrader) for 5 + years, I have bought at least a dozen licenses for employees. That the iOS app is so poor is a big disappointment.
Photo of Jun Bae

Jun Bae

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Mindjet crash on Ipad air.

Mindjet just doesn't work with ipad air with iOS 7.0.4. All apps are updated. Mindjet crash everytime. Can someone help me? Do I need to wait for update?
Photo of Stephen Fellowes

Stephen Fellowes

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Switch to iThoughs like all the rest of us that have got fed up waiting!
Photo of Alex Martelli

Alex Martelli

• 68 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
Official Response
Today we are temporarily removing our app from the app store. As of February 1, Apple is requiring the move to the iOS 7 SDK. This SDK does not support the styles and color schemes from iOS 6 and before, so our app needs to be re-styled from the ground up. It happened to come at just the time when we have a major issue that is not acceptable to leave in the market. We cannot simply fix it, we have to also move to the new iOS 7 SDK. So until we move to iOS 7 SDK, we are taking the apps off the store. We have a small mobile development team and this kind of change takes time.
I truly apologize for this situation. I know you are all wondering about when it will be fixed, but there is no way to know until much later in the engineering process. Rest assured we are making every effort to get a working version back on the app store as quickly as we can. In the meantime, your patience and understanding would be highly appreciated.
(Edited)
Photo of Jeremy Hutchins

Jeremy Hutchins

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This is simply unbelievable and indicates a totally unprofessional approach to this whole issue. Firstly it is extraordinary that there was no attemp on behalf of the company to properly appreciate the implications of iOS 7 and the introduction of the A7 processor and be prepared for their launch. Secondly it has taken you over 3 months to come up with a solution that does not work. Thirdly it shows that the quality management and product compliance testing is sadly lacking. You will have already noted the number of customers who are migrating to other providers, I seriously doubt there will be many of us left should you eventually produce a compliance solution. Time to look for a reliable desktop and mobile mindmapping solution.
Photo of Rob Veck

Rob Veck

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
You and your management team simply do not appreciate the paradigm shift that is happening in the market place and the level of business criticality that now exists with mobile apps. This is clearly shown with the mention of a small mobile app development team. I've been in software development since 1975 and we never treated customers as poorly as this. If there is no consistent level of support across all platforms customers will move. I have.
Photo of Daniel Badcock

Daniel Badcock

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I fully agree!
Photo of Preben Borg Hansen

Preben Borg Hansen

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Alex

It's so sad that MindJet haven't figured out how to earn a buck (big buck) on the brilliance of your own product.

For a start your desktop versions of MindJet Mind Manager are too expensive to be purchased and used by huge companies and by large public in general. You should consider changing the price structure of the desktop version as a start. Just make a base basic version as a freeware. The basic version will not come with all the fine MS Office plugins and maybe with less or no collaboration features . These plugins and extra features you could start selling when the customer base for the "basic" version has "exploded" due to your introduction of the freeware policy. This will exceed the world wide usage and knogledge of the brilliant product. Every time I show the product to newbies they start to ask what, how, why and how much. It is a strong user friendly and efficient product.

Step two: But how can you then earn some cash? More users of the basic version will get it out to large number of users. And if these users would like to use the product to cooperate and collaborate then they can by collaboration packages for 2, 4, 10, 100 and more users. The collaboration will then go through your "hub" and you then control the license/user database. Example I buy a 2-user licenses and then me and one of my colleges can then cooperate and manipulate the same mindmap live/online. I can then use the same license to open another mindmap with another college but still only be allowed to be 2 users in at the same time. I will be the master user of the license and colleges will be 
The third step is then the mobile solution. Again make this basic app free (as today) but let "us" pay you for DropBox or GoogleDrive connectivity. Make extra nice features for a Pro Version of the product. Then word about MindManager from MindJet would be spreed around the world. And soon MS will make you a visit and then you will get rich.

I hope you can follow the product business strategy and I hope you really will take it into consideration. I know a lot of possible desktop users who will start using MindJet product if it wasn't so expensive. 

Br. P. Borg
Photo of robert

robert

• 20 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Alex, thank you for the detailed update. It's a dreadful shame that the app doesn't work, as my team and I are having to move to a competitor solution which does work.
Photo of Jeremy Hutchins

Jeremy Hutchins

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am afraid we have now moved as well.
Photo of julianwinfield

julianwinfield

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ithoughts is better than expected
Photo of Jon Gitz-Vejby

Jon Gitz-Vejby

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
iThouhgts works fine as a Mobile app, but it is not a god solution for PC as Well. I have The responsability for usagte of mindmapping software i my Company currently with 500 licenses for mindjet. I have been wery pleased with Mindjet, but now it seems to go in another direction after Spigit, and completly waste the Mobile strategy. Do any of you out there have a good idea on a better Product That span both the Mobile platform and PCs? Jon
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 1112 Posts
  • 266 Reply Likes
Obviously a lot depends on the level of integration you require between desktop and mobile app. I don't know how successful the MM iOS app is (or at least, was), but iThoughts does a pretty good job of importing MM files.

There is a MM map You can download from the iThoughts site to demonstrate file compatibility. Here is how it appears in iThoughts on the iPad:

And here is the same map as it appears in the MM iPad app:

Enough said.
Photo of Jean Genge

Jean Genge

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
En français cette fois
Incomprehensible d'avoir de tels dysfonctionnements.
J'avais choisi MM du fait de l'intégration multiplateformes web, Windows, MacOs, iOS ! Je ne sais pas si je vais renouveler la licence !
Sur iOS mindmeister fonctionne très bien, ouvre les fichiers MM, mais nécessite une connection web.
Photo of Mark.B

Mark.B

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Incredibly for such company which charge a lot for the desktop version and can't offer reasonable cloud solution. They are a lot other software vendors which gives a much better service.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.