Lost three hours of work. Why automatic save don't work?

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Acknowledged
I have just lost three hours of my work on Mindjet Connect. I was updating my existing file and realized that my valuable time and work is just gone without any warning and notice. This is unacceptable!! We need mature and reliable web application such as Google Docs.
(from berkman)
Photo of Mindjet

Mindjet

• 558 Posts
  • 54 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mindjet

Mindjet

• 558 Posts
  • 54 Reply Likes
I know the feeling because I had the same problem but I was lucky enough to remember and retype all over again. [from Alphan]
Photo of Mindjet

Mindjet

• 558 Posts
  • 54 Reply Likes
I fully agree with you. Mindjet has to be reliable and as good as its desktop version. [from canm]
Photo of Mindjet

Mindjet

• 558 Posts
  • 54 Reply Likes
"Yes, it's very bad program." [from Federica Ciccanti]
Photo of Kaye Grant

Kaye Grant

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I've had the same issue of not saving changes to existing map and no notice . Makes this unusable
Photo of Scott Gilbert

Scott Gilbert

• 157 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
HI Everyone,

First let me say that I'm sorry for your losses. I too have lost precious data and time using our application, so I do empathize.

However, we do have an auto-save capability. It is currently set to every 10 minutes. I too prefer the GooG docs model and am hopeful that we can create a UI that is similar and eventually shorten the time period between saves.

Let me know if you are still experiencing any challenges in this area.
Photo of Jeremy Gibbs

Jeremy Gibbs

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I just lost an hour of work. I added pictures to the mindmap, which is the only thing I don't do on a regular basis. The app froze up, so I closed it. I then realized almost all of my work was gone. It wasn't a snapshot of an earlier saved file. It saved the 2nd level items, which had recent changes, just no levels beneath it, which was the bulk of the work. I have never had this problem before. It is critical that this does not happen. The idea is capturing thoughts when you have them. Who knows if I will have them again when I recreate the map I lost? If it happens again, I will need to look for a different mapping program.
Photo of Terry Dalton

Terry Dalton

• 304 Posts
  • 33 Reply Likes
Hi Jeremy,
Our QE Team is really interested in what happened in your case. Can you please advise as to which client you were using and the size and type of pictures you were using.

Appreciate your feedback on this... we are actively investigating this issue given all the reports.
Photo of Terry Dalton

Terry Dalton

• 304 Posts
  • 33 Reply Likes
Hi Jeremy,

I'm sorry to hear that this occurred. Can you advise as to which client were you using when this happened?
Photo of Charlotte Blignaut

Charlotte Blignaut

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm so annoyed, i saved my document 2 days ago and now when i open it, its blank!
Photo of Mark Jantzen

Mark Jantzen

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I've experienced the same thing. In my example I was using IE 8.
Photo of Terry Dalton

Terry Dalton

• 304 Posts
  • 33 Reply Likes
Hi Mark,

I'm sorry you experienced this issue. I have a few questions so I can report this back to our Engineering team:

Did you experience any state changes to your network connection while you editing? (i.e,, Low bandwidth, change from wired to wireless, etc...)

Did you see Read Only at anytime after you first opened the file to begin your edits?

Did you system go to sleep at anytime during your editing session?

Finally, which OS are you using?

I appreciate your responses and feedback.
Photo of Mark Jantzen

Mark Jantzen

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Terry,

No state change, I was in Massachusetts the entire time (humor attempt) and working on a wired broadband connection that was not interrupted. I did not see a Read Only indicator. My system did not go to sleep. I'm using Windows XP.

In my experience Mindjet web just "fights" with IE but increasingly my experiments with building maps on this tool is unusable.

In my view the reliability of save is non-negotiable. If it doesn't work 100% of the time we can't discuss merits of other features.

Mark
Photo of Terry Dalton

Terry Dalton

• 304 Posts
  • 33 Reply Likes
Hi Mark,
We are investigating a couple of issues currently, so your feedback is very helpful to me. We believe these issues are isolated to the Web Client and our engineering team is currently investigating root cause. I hope to have an update on this issue within the coming weeks.