macOS 10.14 Mojave and Mind Manager 11

• Problem
  • Updated 2 days ago
  • (Edited)
I just upgraded to macOSX 10.14 Mojave and Mind Manager 11 will not launch. 

When do you think you will have a beta /support for Mojave available - happy to join a beta.

I have tried Mind Manager Versions 11.1.160, 11.0.143 and 10.6.125 - all fail.

I see the following log messages for 11.1.143 version and crash:

default 19:33:25.472733 -0700 loginwindow -[PersistentAppsSupport applicationReady:] | App: Mindjet MindManager, ready, updating active tracking timer
default 19:33:25.472816 -0700 loginwindow -[ApplicationManager checkInAppContext:refCon:eventData:] |      checked in app : Mindjet MindManager
default 19:33:25.500811 -0700 loginwindow -[PersistentAppsSupport applicationQuit:] | for app:Mindjet MindManager, _appTrackingState = 2
default 19:33:25.500838 -0700 loginwindow -[PersistentAppsSupport applicationQuit:] | App: Mindjet MindManager, quit, updating active tracking timer

Crash Report:

Process:               Mindjet MindManager [4150]Path:                  /Applications/Mindjet MindManager.app/Contents/MacOS/Mindjet MindManager
Identifier:            com.mindjet.mindmanager.11
Version:               11.0.143 (11.0.143)
Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        ??? [1]
Responsible:           Mindjet MindManager [4150]
User ID:               502

Date/Time:             2018-06-16 19:37:43.409 -0700
OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.14 (18A293u)
Report Version:        12
Anonymous UUID:        ABE0B1FA-B6C4-D2A3-3635-FB261A117B48

Time Awake Since Boot: 10000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason:    DYLD, [0x4] Symbol missing

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
  Symbol not found: _OBJC_IVAR_$_NSSavePanel._hideExtensionButton
  Referenced from: /Applications/Mindjet MindManager.app/Contents/MacOS/Mindjet MindManager
  Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Versions/C/AppKit
 in /Applications/Mindjet MindManager.app/Contents/MacOS/Mindjet MindManager
Do you have an ETA on when you'll support Mojave?
Photo of Technophobe01

Technophobe01

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Frank Shi

Frank Shi

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
me too  +1
Photo of David Walsh

David Walsh, Official Rep

• 133 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Thanks for the feedback. I have filed a bug report on this with our engineering team. 

David 
Mindjet Support
(Edited)
Photo of Ricardo Martinez Benesenes

Ricardo Martinez Benesenes

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
mee to +1
Photo of 博彦 米倉

博彦 米倉

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
me too +1.
Photo of Doyoung Ko

Doyoung Ko

• 3 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
me three +3
Photo of David Walsh

• 133 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
All,                                                                                                                                                 We're working on adding support for MacOS 10.14 Mojave to a MindManager 11 for Mac update release. We plan to get the update out before the official release of Mojave.

David 
Mindjet Support
Photo of Philip

Philip

• 5 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Still working, 2 months later?
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1354 Posts
  • 204 Reply Likes
I do hope and expect Mindjet developers will wait to release an update for this issue until Mojave is stable.

What would the reaction of MAC users be if they released an update and Mojave -still in beta- is suddenly changed?
Photo of Philip

Philip

• 5 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Alternatively, like every other app apart from Mindjet, they could make a version that works on Mojave beta and try on user feedback to confirm how well it works. I am pleased to support other app developers in this way. At this stage Mojave very close to release and perhaps a beta tester would be more pleased to see a version that allowed them to continue opening their old files, even if it had the odd blip. Mindjet remains the odd one out, way behind the many other apps that have been updated. Literally the only one for me with a fatal problem. Cheers
Photo of Philip

Philip

• 5 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Also on 10.6.125 - I don't really want to pay $100 to upgrade software that is just over a year old, just for it to keep working. Is that my only option? Thanks.

• 1354 Posts
  • 204 Reply Likes
You could have taken the MMMac Upgrade Protection Plan for 39,00 / year excl tax.

Most business users I know do that and they get all upgrades and updates included.
Photo of Philip

Philip

• 5 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I don't like the pain of endless subscriptions. Have moved to FreeMind from today. Thanks.
Photo of Richard Castillo

Richard Castillo

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Have not been able to use Mindmanager on my Mojave Mac for almost two months.  Fix this or lose a subscriber.  
Photo of DOYOUNG KO

DOYOUNG KO

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Please asap fix

• 1354 Posts
  • 204 Reply Likes
Well Mojave MAC is still in beta test.... so only brave Mac users have it ;-)

weeks ago the Mindjet info was.....

All,                                                                                                                                                 We're working on adding support for MacOS 10.14 Mojave to a MindManager 11 for Mac update release. We plan to get the update out before the official release of Mojave.

David 
Mindjet Support

AND APPLE STATES that:
Mojave Release date

It is likely that the final version macOS Mojave will be available for everyone to download in September or October 2018. However, if you want to get a feel for the new operating system now you can, if you sign up for the MacOS beta program. Either as a developer, or as a public beta tester. Find out how to get the macOS beta here.

Conclusion....MIndjet still has several months to get it all done.
Photo of Doyoung Ko

Doyoung Ko

• 3 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Mingjet will lose thier business with those slow attitude/feedback.

• 1354 Posts
  • 204 Reply Likes
Don't understand you.
Apple is not ready with Mojave and there are some beta testers that are busy eliminating all the bugs that are still in the Mojave beta.
You are one of them....
Now you think that Mindjet will lose business because they don't support an instable Mojave OS before it is in production?

I personally prefer Mindjet to wait for Apple to deliver Mojave as a stable product.
Until that time any bug in Mojave can be blamed on any software supplier.
In my humble opinion THAT would not be fair to those suppliers like Mindjet.
Photo of Julia S.

Julia S.

• 11 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
would be great if I could save a file in current MM under HighSierra!
Photo of Russ Wetmore

Russ Wetmore

• 1 Post
  • 2 Reply Likes
Ary, you may or may not be right, but that's not the issue here. You aren't listening to existing customers that genuinely like your product. Instead, you're telling them why they're wrong. I have many apps that have released interim versions to help support Mojave, and they're collecting valuable feedback on defects that can be fixed well in advance.

It makes absolutely no sense to alienate your existing customer base.

Personally, I develop for macOS and I use Mind Manager to help plan workflows and track epics/user stories. Now developing for Mojave. Not being able to use Mind Manager, like many others here, will simply drive me to another solution that I'll probably keep after Mojave's been commercially released.

Tell me why I'm wrong.
Photo of 고도영

고도영

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Totally agree with your opinion.

• 1354 Posts
  • 204 Reply Likes
Well, WOW.... suddenly this has become personal and shouty.

Being a MAC user since 1984 I do have some experience with Apple's release management and I encourage every other software developer to do it in the same manner. I also learned from Apple that it has never helped to dramatize any problem by threathening that you - and many others - will move to another platform, as several in this posts do ;-)

I am glad the official Mindjet statements below give insight in the why and how their serious MAC development process works,
Photo of Doyoung Ko

Doyoung Ko

• 3 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
OK. Them....had you analyze the reason of this bug?
Why don't you share us the reason of that phenema?

Other company's software has no that bug. It means that there may be special things on your software. And, you have duty to explain aboiut this phenema.

• 1354 Posts
  • 204 Reply Likes
Not me... I am a user just like you.
My experience tells me that it is not wise to test software before it is released as that can cause lots of troubles.

My suggestion for you is to move to an earlier stable release of your MAC OS and wait.
Photo of Julia S.

Julia S.

• 11 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
is that also the opinion of today's developers? It seems so... Software is first tested after release. And that's great for users. They have to deal with all that bugs...

• 1354 Posts
  • 204 Reply Likes
I would love to respond, but frankly I don't understand your remark.
Photo of Julia S.

Julia S.

• 11 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
well, you wrote:
"My experience tells me that it is not wise to test software before it is released as that can cause lots of troubles."
Let's have a look on today's overall quality of software. No company releases something that is a lot better than "bullshit" (sorry for using that word). But be honest - who delivers good quality? No one. More bugs from version to version. And this is what I mean with "can it be that developers think the same?". They seem to release something they are not aware of the content, they don't know if it will run somewhere, and in the end they wait for feedback from users. INSTEAD of test it themselves. 
Would MJ have testet MM 11.1.160, they should have a test for "saving files". And here is the problem: saving a file with a file name containing a blank it will not save, and abort with a unspecific error message. When i delete the blanks, it works. 
I call this "developers don't test it, they wait for customers complaining about".

• 1354 Posts
  • 204 Reply Likes
OK.
I thought it was obvious in the context of the whole conversation when I wrote "My experience tells me that it is not wise to test software before it is released as that can cause lots of troubles." and I meant that endusers should not test unreleased software, since that is the job of the developers.

That said. it appears that I fully agree with you on quality assurance issues..

The fact that you cannot save files from MMMac 11.1.160 on High Sierra is new to me. Best way for  you is to contact Mindjet Support and use your free Mindjet ID to get answers fast. https://www.mindjet.com/support-info/

Photo of Julia S.

Julia S.

• 11 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I think in fact I did understand what you meant to say ;-)
It just was a bit ambiguous.
That I can't save files only without blanks is not a thing to discuss with the support. If they read this, they can try to find out. If not... pfff...
I have no time for that ;-)
Photo of 고도영

고도영

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I believe that they may be ....pfff....
Photo of Julia S.

Julia S.

• 11 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Yes, I'm sure they will. And I'm sure they know they will lose one more paying customer. And I'm sure they will again be like ... pfff...
And here we are. Today no one cares about customer experience. Who not wants to buy our "=)%?(!(((")§$''*§?=" ... pfff. Doesn't matter.
That reflects their attitude to quality.
Photo of Mark Beare

Mark Beare, Official Rep

• 34 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Hi Julia,

Where are you trying to save the file? Is it in MindJet Files?

We have tested saving files with a space in the file name and it is working on the latest version of MindManager for Mac.
Photo of Julia S.

Julia S.

• 11 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
on a mounted smb volume. Please don't tell me that's not supported...
Photo of Frank Eetgerink

Frank Eetgerink

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The problem exists on MacOS High Sierra as well. Not possible to use Mind Manager any more. Crashes on any action after the opening screen.
Photo of Frank Eetgerink

Frank Eetgerink

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Sorry, latest update of 10 seems to be OK. On Mojave with latest version 11 it is #metoo
Photo of David Walsh

• 133 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Frank,

We are aware of the incompatibility with Mojave Beta and we plan  to get the update out before the official release of Mojave. Mac 11 should work fine on OS High Sierra, so we likely are looking at something else with this. Can you send a email with any details and event log to customer.support@mindjet.com and we can review.
Regards
David
Mindjet Support
Photo of Julia S.

Julia S.

• 11 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
? Mac 11 should work fine on OS High Sierra?
You mean MM 11?
And it does not. I cannot save files... Simple mind can.
Photo of Mark Beare

Mark Beare, Official Rep

• 34 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Official Response
It is great to see so much activity around this topic and I apologize for showing up late to the conversation.

We are currently working on Mojave support for MindManager for Mac but as Ary has mentioned above, Mojave is still beta software and we believe there are still a couple more beta versions to be released before it is ready to be released to the public.

While we have had builds ready of MindManager for Mac that supported Mojave, we have chosen not to release them for a couple reasons:
  1. We have noticed new issues being introduced that affect our application's ability to function with new beta versions.
  2. Our Development and Quality Assurance teams are aware of the issues that cause MindManager to not function properly so putting our internal builds out in front of customers does not help us resolve these issues faster.
  3. Every time we put a build out in front of customers (either as a pre-release or official release) there is work to be done to sign off on it from a quality perspective. We are in our busiest point of the year with the upcoming release of MindManager 19 for Windows, so time for our Product, Quality Assurance, and Development teams is very valuable.
  4. We are confident that we will release a new version of MindManager for Mac before Mojave is officially released.
As a software vendor, it is very difficult to predict what changes will be introduced with future OS versions. We are committed to making sure we support Mojave when it is ready for the general public and this is what we are planning for.

I am very happy to have so many of our users wanting to test out beta versions of software and being vocal when there is a problem with our application. Please keep the feedback coming.

Photo of 고도영

고도영

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
But, I am so unhappy for waiting so long time and your slow support. I am almost crazy with your not so customer friendly attitude.
Photo of Mark Beare

Mark Beare, Official Rep

• 34 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
I understand your frustration about this. We did not plan on Mojave introducing these problems. We had early internal builds that worked with the Mojave Beta but then later builds of Mojave broke our compatibility so we did not feel confident releasing it.
Photo of Julia S.

Julia S.

• 11 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
The latest version of MMMac 11 does not run well on an 2017 iMac (4GHz, 8GB Ram graphics, 40GB Ram, M2 512GB) - so this the highest available config I could get in 2017. With activated antialiasing it's impossible to scroll or zoom.
So be honest - how good is the quality of a program, when I have to disable that on such a powerful device!? What do I need to use aa? A 56 core xeon with 4 sli graphiccards? Or do I have to build up a rendering cluster?

I would say, MJ did not plan some other things, too. For that price there are poor saving algorithms (look what MM does with your file: it creates a subfolder with the name, deletes the original file, and after that, it cannot save the file - instead an error message appears). Sorry guys, FAIL!

What I want to say: High Sierra is old enough in stable release, and till now the current MM is not usable at all. This is not acceptable. And it does not support my faith in a new version working in Mojave. I will not switch to Mojave until Update 3. In the past I saw that the major release and the first to big updates bring more bugs and fails than usable features. Therefore I have to use High Sierra for one more year. Will there be a MM 11 that uses aa and save files correctly? If not, I'm gone faster than it  took for my decision to buy it.
Photo of Patrick Fogarty

Patrick Fogarty

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
i am using Mojave and have the problems mentioned. I also accept that trying pre-release software was my choice and risk. As a fellow developer I recognize the moving target nature of a beta os. Trying to follow it just leads to more money being spent due to additional breakage and customer disappointment. What many do, our organization included, is simply leave nightly builds available and heavily disclaim that this is at your own risk further to the risk you accepted when you began tinkering with Mojave on a live machine. If you've built the code I can't see the harm in posting it so long as everyone gets the message that this build will likely break and will certainly change by the time the production release of Mojave rolls around.  To get around the issue for now I either use my Windows machine or my old MBP.
Photo of Mark Beare

Mark Beare, Official Rep

• 34 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
@ Julie - This is a known issue (and been complained about quite a bit) and we actually have a fix for this in the build that supports Mojave. You won't need to use Anti Aliasing anymore.
Photo of Mark Beare

Mark Beare, Official Rep

• 34 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
@Patrick - Thanks for the feedback and the idea here. We will consider this in the future. Currently, we are waiting on the next build of Mojave as the last one actually cause our latest build to stop working when it was working previously. For those interested in this group I can share an early build that has not been through QA and you can try it for yourself when it starts working again.
Photo of Patrick Fogarty

Patrick Fogarty

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
@mark. thank you for taking time and listening. i am running beta 9. i haven't installed beta 10 yet. i think it was released 2 days ago. unfortunately it takes until about january for apple to stop breaking what they release in october, so every little bit helps.
Photo of Mark Beare

Mark Beare, Official Rep

• 34 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
@ Patrick - Yes we could play a game of squares on when the actual release comes out and how many betas they will release before then :)
Photo of Cameron Cox

Cameron Cox

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Mark, I would like to be part of the beta. Do I email you?
Photo of Mark Beare

Mark Beare, Official Rep

• 34 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Hi Everyone,

Because of all the passionate feedback in this thread, we have decided to share with you a (beta and pre-release) build of MindManager for Mac with Mojave support and performance enhancements for those users using Retina displays.

PLEASE NOTE:
  1. This is pre-release software and has not passed through a full quality assurance process. Using it is at your own risk.
  2. Please do not contact our support team with problems relating to this version. Email me instead. My email is at the bottom of this post.
  3. Using this version of the application with important maps of yours is at your own risk. We would recommend always making sure to save maps and back them up.
  4. There was a problem with It beta build 9 of Mojave where the build would not work. It works with build 8 and 10 (released a couple days ago) though.
Link to build: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iXxT1JQjWKF_oPqfXFT-SLoOLVzq5pjf/view?usp=sharing

Thanks again for all the feedback here. Please let me know what you find after trying out this build.

Mark
mark.beare@mindjet.com
Photo of Patrick Fogarty

Patrick Fogarty

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
@mark. FWIW. i have it working on beta 9. was there any particular issue you were experiencing?
Photo of Mark Beare

Mark Beare, Official Rep

• 34 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Hi Patrick,

On some of our environments, the application would not launch. I am glad it's working for you :)
Photo of 고도영

고도영

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Sorry/Thanks and This version work with my MAC.
Photo of Frank Eetgerink

Frank Eetgerink

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
It works fine so far. Thanks Mark.
Photo of Daniel Cobb

Daniel Cobb

• 9 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Working great for me so far - including retina performance with anti-aliasing enabled - SOOO much more fluid.
Photo of Mark Beare

Mark Beare, Official Rep

• 34 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Hi All,

Today we have publicly released MindManager Mac version 11.2.111 with Mojave support plus some significant performance enhancements.

You can get the new version on the MindJet site or the direct link and release notes are below:

Download Link: http://download.mindjet.com/Mindjet_MindManager_Mac_11.2.111.dmg

Release Notes: http://download.mindjet.com/Mac/MindManager_for_Mac_11_2_111_Release_Notes.pdf

Thanks to everyone here for the feedback on this release. We appreciate the community that MindJet has and hope to continue to work with you to improve MindManager for Mac!

Mark
Photo of Michaeljon Miller

Michaeljon Miller

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Changing themes is still broken. There's some strange background artifact (which looks suspiciously like an older MM logo) and my map nodes are duplicated and painted on the background. Clicking on any of the circles that join nodes causes the map nodes to replicate even more.

This version is still not ready for prime-time.
Photo of David Walsh

• 132 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Michaeljon

We’re aware of this issue and plan to fix that in the next release. Only the default map themes are working at the moment. 

Regards 
Mindjet Support
Photo of Mountie Lee

Mountie Lee

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
today I upgraded to macOS 10.14 Mojave official release.
but Mindmanager is still not running.
#metoo +100000
Photo of Marian Kocmanek

Marian Kocmanek, Official Rep

• 371 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
Hi Mountie, 

Did you install Version 11.2.111? 
Photo of David Walsh

• 110 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Mountie,

Here is the download for 11.2.111
https://www.mindjet.com/mm-mac-dmg

If you are still encountering problems after installing this please contact our support team at customer.support@mindjet.com 

Thanks
David
Mindjet Support
Photo of Sebastian

Sebastian

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Will there be any update for Version 10? I used it really often and didn't want to upgrade...
(Edited)
Photo of Mark Beare

Mark Beare, Official Rep

• 34 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Hi Sebastian,

Unfortunately, there will not be a Mojave compatible version of version 10 released. Just version 10.

Mark
Photo of Nelson Moraes

Nelson Moraes

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I just updated my mac with Mojave and my mindjet is no longer working, but all of my projects are in the mindjet format. What will happens now? I am not so happy as you.

Actually I am very concerned.

Nelson

• 1312 Posts
  • 198 Reply Likes
You can open your mindjet project files if you have MindManager for MAC vs. 11.2.111 on your mojave machine (there is a free trial to test this)

You can also open your projects on another MAC that has no Mojave with your current MindManager MAC version.

And you can open your projects on a windows machine  with the mindmanager for windows version.(there is a free 30 day trial available, that will turn into a reader after the trialperiod)
Photo of Dimitri PS

Dimitri PS

• 1 Post
  • 3 Reply Likes
I have been a happy customer for years and cannot open my files because of Mojave upgrade.
I purchased my mind manager in 2017 for more than 160€. And the only answer we got from support is this: 

"Thank you for contacting Mindjet Support. 

MindManager 10 Mac is unfortunately not supported on Mojave. We would highly recommend to purchase an upgrade:"

I will remove it from my computer, and mobile devices and move to another software
Besides, I will make as many bad recommendations as possible.

I would recommend anyone reading this post to not purchase MindManager. 
Photo of Philip

Philip

• 5 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
This also made me annoyed so I used this site to convert my MindMaps, deleted MindManager and chose a competitor - http://convert.clemens-kraus.de/
Photo of Julia S.

Julia S.

• 11 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
So many (oh no, MOST!) companies should be treated like this, from as many customers as possible. It seems to be - no... IT IS THE ONLY WAY to get them think about their decisions.
I appreciate your decision and will do the same, if the next update won‘t solve these initial errors like „cannot save to smb share“, THAT‘S KINDERGARTEN!
Photo of Mark Polane

Mark Polane

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Unfortunately I today also found that after having upgraded to Mojave, Mind Manager won't launch!
I hope that the folks at Mindjet have a Mindset, that values their customers and not one of "never mind" There better be an update to the software ASAP, in fact it should have been available at the time of official release of Mojave! 
Bad press will start to follow soon, this software is not cheap, so prompt attention is expected.
M