macOS 10.14 Mojave and Mind Manager 11

• Problem
  • Updated 1 week ago
  • (Edited)
I just upgraded to macOSX 10.14 Mojave and Mind Manager 11 will not launch. 

When do you think you will have a beta /support for Mojave available - happy to join a beta.

I have tried Mind Manager Versions 11.1.160, 11.0.143 and 10.6.125 - all fail.

I see the following log messages for 11.1.143 version and crash:

default 19:33:25.472733 -0700 loginwindow -[PersistentAppsSupport applicationReady:] | App: Mindjet MindManager, ready, updating active tracking timer
default 19:33:25.472816 -0700 loginwindow -[ApplicationManager checkInAppContext:refCon:eventData:] |      checked in app : Mindjet MindManager
default 19:33:25.500811 -0700 loginwindow -[PersistentAppsSupport applicationQuit:] | for app:Mindjet MindManager, _appTrackingState = 2
default 19:33:25.500838 -0700 loginwindow -[PersistentAppsSupport applicationQuit:] | App: Mindjet MindManager, quit, updating active tracking timer

Crash Report:

Process:               Mindjet MindManager [4150]Path:                  /Applications/Mindjet MindManager.app/Contents/MacOS/Mindjet MindManager
Identifier:            com.mindjet.mindmanager.11
Version:               11.0.143 (11.0.143)
Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        ??? [1]
Responsible:           Mindjet MindManager [4150]
User ID:               502

Date/Time:             2018-06-16 19:37:43.409 -0700
OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.14 (18A293u)
Report Version:        12
Anonymous UUID:        ABE0B1FA-B6C4-D2A3-3635-FB261A117B48

Time Awake Since Boot: 10000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason:    DYLD, [0x4] Symbol missing

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
  Symbol not found: _OBJC_IVAR_$_NSSavePanel._hideExtensionButton
  Referenced from: /Applications/Mindjet MindManager.app/Contents/MacOS/Mindjet MindManager
  Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Versions/C/AppKit
 in /Applications/Mindjet MindManager.app/Contents/MacOS/Mindjet MindManager
Do you have an ETA on when you'll support Mojave?
Photo of Technophobe01

Technophobe01

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1381 Posts
  • 208 Reply Likes
The latest version of MindManager for Mac 11 runs on Mojave.
All reasons why are discussed and explained above.

Photo of nigel smethers

nigel smethers

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
That comment is the equivalent of a child putting their fingers in their ears and shouting ‘I can’t hear you’. It is not a reply to a customer’s problem. It is a defence of a non-customer friendly policy.

• 1381 Posts
  • 208 Reply Likes
I am a customer as well and not employed by Mindjet Corel.
But as a trainer for may years now I do know what remarks are fair to developers and what is not.

One other thing.

It appears that the problem of this topic Mojave and MindManager Mac 11 is solved.

Maybe if someone creates a new topic / subject about Mojave and MindManager Mac vs 10 or earlier, it may get the attention you like?
(Edited)
Photo of Julia S.

Julia S.

• 11 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
no one wants attention. Your customers want a a working solution without having to pay for an update that just should get the same software running on an OS update.
Photo of FrSu

FrSu

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello. Updated yesterday to Mojave. Mindjet is not working. I had to go back to Sierra to get it running again. When will Mindjet 11.1 be compatible with Mojave?
(Edited)
Photo of FrSu

FrSu

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Just now I received information from Mindjet that MindManager version 11.2.116 is compatible with MAC OSX 10.14 Mojave. Are there users here who did the upgrade from Mindjet and the upgrade to Mojave and can confirm this is working fine?
(Edited)
Photo of David Walsh

David Walsh, Official Rep

• 133 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
FrSu,

Yes version 11.2.116  is available and is compatible with Mojave. 

Regards
David 
Mindjet Support
Photo of Chuck Warnock

Chuck Warnock

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Well, my Mindjet version (11) is NOT compatible.  And if I haven't updated it prior, there's no way now to do it.  I even downloaded it again today - it won't open.  
Photo of Rob R

Rob R

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Related to my post below. MM 116 did not resolve the instacrash issue.
Photo of FrSu

FrSu

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks David, I will wait for users who have a positive result with a working program in Mojave. I want to avoid 3 hours work going back to Sierra again.
Photo of Chuck Warnock

Chuck Warnock

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Well, it would have been nice if you had warned your Mindjet customers NOT to upgrade to Mojave!  For those of us who have other lives besides software development, when we get a notice to upgrade in Mac OS, we just do it.  Do you know how hard it is to uninstall an OS?  Very inconsiderate and unprofessional.  Do you not think your customers actually depend upon your product?  No access to your files!
Photo of David Walsh

• 133 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Chuck

Thanks for the feedback. I will send you a email shortly to follow-up on this. 

Regards
David 
Mindjet Support
Photo of FrSu

FrSu

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
@David: Please post the (hopefully positive) results with Chuck here as I will not upgrade to Mojave as long as issues are posted here.
Photo of Rahul Gaywala

Rahul Gaywala

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have version 10.6.125 (10.6.125), what are my options to make it work again?

• 1381 Posts
  • 208 Reply Likes
For MM Mac  version 10 please go to the post that covers that version on Mojave.

https://community.mindjet.com/mindjet/topics/macos-mojave-and-mindmanager-10

Photo of Eric Provost

Eric Provost

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Ok, any way to open the MM file? I am in the middle of building out a strategic plan for our organization and now i can't access any of the information....If MM isn't going to work, i need to get the details out and into something else.
Photo of Eric Provost

Eric Provost

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
MM11 is not working on 10.14
Photo of Eric Provost

Eric Provost

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
So i just downloaded the new MindManager version 11.2.116 - It has removed my product key and says I need to Pay again!

Who fixes this for me? 
Photo of David Walsh

• 119 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
Eric,

I just sent you your Mac 11 key. Please check your email.

Thanks
David
Mindjet Support
(Edited)
Photo of Eric Provost

Eric Provost

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Just wanted to say thanks Dave Walsh fr fixing my issue and addressing my concern so quickly...I got your emails and appreciate your attention to Customer Service!
(Edited)
Photo of Rob R

Rob R

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am having the same issue. Had already upgraded to Mojave then upgraded MM same issues as others crashing on start. Just now downloaded 116 and same issue. 

What is the resolution? 

Thanks

Photo of David Walsh

• 132 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Rob,

Can you send us an email at customer.support@mindjet.com 

Regards
David 
Mindjet Support
Photo of Conrad

Conrad

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi I have the same problem Mojave vs. MM. I'll send you an E-Mail, right?
Photo of Rob R

Rob R

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Resolved with .117
Photo of FrSu

FrSu

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
My 2 cents: Go back to Sierra if you have made a complete back-up before upgrading to Mojave. Then from there upgrade Mind Manager. Then keep the system as it is. Do not upgrade to Mojave untill all the issues are really solved. I had to do the same and will not upgrade to Mojave untill Mindjet has really solved all the issues. My confidence in Mindjet is very low now. I bought a Mac for the stability, now I have the feeling that I am stuck with unreliable software :(

The combination Mac and Mindjet is not very good. I now have a refreshing problem when scrolling up or down. I have to put the cursor at a point and press the mouse button to refresh the screen.
(Edited)
Photo of Joel Coon

Joel Coon

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Mojave has been out for over 2 months. It is NOT in beta. I had a tremendous amount of workflow dependent on MindManager and now I have been 2 months without being able to efficiently work.
A lot of my other apps work very well with Mojave. Apps developed by companies with far less resources than Mindjet.
I will give it another week and if this isn't resolved then I am pulling out of this and switching to another program. Me and the 4 other offices with 12 to 15 employees each will as well. This is ridiculous.
Photo of David Walsh

• 130 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Joel 

If you are on Mac 11 please upgrade to the latest version of Mindjet Mac 11 that has Mojave support. 
If you are running version 10 for Mac it is supported up to High Sierra only. 

Best Regards
Mindjet Support
Photo of Richard Castillo

Richard Castillo

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
This rediculous situation has been going on long before Mojave’s official release. Mindjet, you are out of excuses and out of time. I upgraded within the past few months. Your software does not function. You have not been able to fix it. Time to start issuing refunds.
Photo of David Walsh

• 131 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Richard,

The last 3 versions of Mindjet for Mac 11 work with Mojave. We released an initial version of Mac 11 version with Mojave support in September a few days before the official release of  from Apple. The latest version of Mindjet 11 for Mac (11.2.117) can be downloaded here.

Best Regards
Mindjet Support
Photo of FrSu

FrSu

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Please let us know if the update from Mindjet to version 11 and after that the upgrade to Mojave was succesfull. If so we can start with having confidence in Mindjet again.
Photo of Rahul Gaywala

Rahul Gaywala

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Dear Madam / Sir,

I/we purchased the MindManager software’s perpetual license which is supposed to run for the OS version it is designed for, and higher.

Now, because of its incompatibility with the newer version of the MacOS, which is more of the 'manufacturing defect’ of the software in other words, we are forced to re-purchase the newer version of the MindManager software. This is absolutely unfair, and to some extent it is cheating with the customer of MindManager.

We do not want any newer features, please release a patch to make our existing version compatible with the newer MacOS, without any addition payout to MindJet.

Hope to see your quick and positive actions.

Regards,

Rahul Gaywala. (India)

• 1352 Posts
  • 203 Reply Likes
Dear Rahul Gaywala. (India)
This is a public Forum.

I would suggest you send your message to Mindjet Support or Legal dept.
You can find all those on the website.

Succes
Ary

Photo of MindmapFan

MindmapFan

• 17 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi Rahul Gaywala 
There is a patch for MindManager v10 (does not work on Mojave) and also v11 (does work on Mojave) ask  customer.support@mindjet.com 
Also please check with support  customer.support@mindjet.com as they will be able to fix your unfilled auto upgrade to v11 (as they did for me) if you explain - make sure you send them the original order number and other order details so they can trace it.
I hope that gets you a good result.
Kind regards,
John
Photo of David Walsh

• 132 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Hi Rahul Gaywala

Please send an email to customer.support@mindjet.com with your order information and keys.I do not see any orders in our system or keys under your name or email. 

Thanks 
Mindjet Support
Photo of FrSu

FrSu

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
For those who are interested. I have made the transition to Mojave today. Mindjet was upgraded to version 11 before the transition to Mojave. I can open the program now without problems.

Unfortunately the refreshing problem while scrolling up and down is still there. I hope this can be resolved with an update soon. Now, while scrolling I have to click with my mouse to refresh the view.

Photo of MindmapFan

MindmapFan

• 33 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Hi FrSu,  ( David Walsh,   Marian Kocmanek  ) 

Yes the refreshing problem while scrolling up and down is still there in MM 11.2.117 & Mojave 10.14.1.

One tip in preferences I turned on the visual effects setting: "show highlight on topic rollover" and in that way, like a magic wand :-) as I pass over the topic it appears.  

I also found,
1. if you go around a map with lots of branches, and collapse all branches,
2. scroll down then branches "disappear" altogether
3. until you hover over them to make them reappear.  
(Edited)
Photo of Rob R

Rob R

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Instacrash was resolved for me with 117