macOS Mojave and MindManager 10

• Problem
  • Updated 3 days ago
  • Solved
Mindmanager 10 is not available in macOS Mojave, an exception is raised
The forum mentioned that mindmanager 11 is fixing this problem. When can mindmanager 10 solve this problem?
Photo of 霜 韩

霜 韩

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1381 Posts
  • 208 Reply Likes
Well....Upgrade to MM Mac 11.2 seems the obvious solution. ;-)
(Edited)
Photo of HEARD atUNSW

HEARD atUNSW

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Seriously unsatisfactory response from Mindjet. Did you write to all Mac 10 purchasers informing them of this impending problem? Was advice provided on how to avoid this problem? Was a suitable patch developed to assist? It's not fair to just dump customers - some of whom have been using successive versions of Mindmanager for years and years. Poor show Mindjet.
Photo of HEARD atUNSW

HEARD atUNSW

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I've now just downloaded the trial Mac Mindmanger version 11 to try and correct this problem as advised - I've installed it and it crashes in the same way as the earlier version ... very unsatisfying and problematic!
Photo of David Walsh

David Walsh, Official Rep

• 133 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Anthony,

I just responded to you via email. We are aware of an issue with Mac 11 that was introduced after the latest Mac Security update.
We are testing a patch and hope to release as soon as tomorrow. Sorry for the issues but hopefully get you back on track. 

Regards
Mindjet Support
Photo of Franky R

Franky R

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
MM11.2 (installed as a test version) fixed the problem after my macOS Mojave update.
Photo of MindmapFan

MindmapFan

• 33 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Hi HEARD atUNSW, See my post below on how to solve this.
Photo of Ezequiel Reficco

Ezequiel Reficco

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I am still waiting for a build to solve incompatibility of v 10 with Mojave. Any news yet? 
Photo of MindmapFan

MindmapFan

• 33 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Hi Ezequiel Reficco,
Mindjet/Corel are not going to work anymore on v10 and v10 is incompatible with Mojave.  They recommend an upgrade to v11.  
Others have found If you email customer.support@mindjet.com they should give you a big % discount (or possibly even free) URL to download a licensed  v11 as long as you can find the original order ID for the purchase and use the email address  you used at purchase.
You may even find the URL in recent community posts.  
Yes not good news and blaming Apple Mojave and forcing loyal customers to pay out is not a good way to retain.  All the other software on my macosx Mojave laptop continues to work  without the need for forced upgrades or patches. 
If you leave MindManager let us all know any success with other mind mapping products.
Sorry for the bad news.
Cheers, John
Photo of Kim

Kim

• 1 Post
  • 2 Reply Likes
I'll never buy any product from this company.
This is their comments for the problem.

-------------
To work on MAC OSX 10.14 Mohave, you need our current MindManager version 11.2.111.
MindManager 10 for MAC is not compatible with Mohave.

If you want, you can test it for free for 30 days.
You can download the free 30-days trial version of MindManager 11 for MAC, via the following link:

If you do not want to purchase, then you can not use MindManager on Mohave.
There is no other solution.

Other customers purchased their MindManager for MAC license with a yearly "Upgrade-Protection Plan"-contract. That will mean that they pay every year to get upgrades to new MindManager version.
You did not purchase an Upgrade Protection Plan. You did not pay every year. That is the reason why you can not receive the upgrade for free.
That is how it works

The only thing I can tell you, is that you need our current MindManager version 11.2 for MAC to be able to work on MAC OSX 10.14 Mohave.
MindManager version 10 for MAC, will not work on Mohave.
There is no other solution. It is the same for all our customers.

(Edited)
Photo of Franky R

Franky R

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hospitality works differently. However, I used to work for this company. With all respect of their business model, but this is not an acceptable behavior.
As Ary descibes below, there are plans which may  more convenient than the answer above. But I would also expect Mindjet to treat such situations differently. If I'm missing functionality because of an older version is one thing, but unable to use the entire product anymore because of an OS update is a different ball game.

BTW: After installing the actual 11.2 test version for Mac, I could fix the problem. It seems, that the installation recognized my license, so the test version was not even activated but worked seamless as a full version right away.
(Edited)
Photo of Lars Nowak

Lars Nowak

• 1 Post
  • 3 Reply Likes
Me too, finish, have fun with your product - I change!
Photo of Christian BULL

Christian BULL

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
other unhappy customer changing product...
(Edited)
Photo of Ian McEwen

Ian McEwen

• 2 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
What other products do you recommend - i have used this for a long time but resent that they are forcing us to pay as if we are new customers
Photo of MindmapFan

MindmapFan

• 32 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
See my post below on https://imindmap.com/software/   BUT it is cheaper for you to upgrade to MM v11.2 as a new customer.  
Or there are free mind mapping tools out there but you get limited if any Microsoft office integration.
(Edited)
Photo of Pewdiepie's Hot Dog Boss

Pewdiepie's Hot Dog Boss

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
@MindmapFan Upgrading to MM11 is not a very good solution since MM11 is actually has a lot of problems that MM10 didn't have. I tried the trial version of MM11 and the map doesn't even show up properly and the default font size is all messed up (I try to write things in my old maps I created in MM10 and the font size is always a lot smaller whenever I type something new). Extremely frustrating. Going from MM10 to MM11 is more like a downgrade than an upgrade. If you want us to upgrade, fine, but can you guys at least fix all the issues first???
Photo of MindmapFan

MindmapFan

• 32 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Hi Pewdiepie's Hot Dog Boss  
We are all with you ... yes we want MindManager v11 fixed as it is the only option.  
Mindjet support wrote to say there is a major release in 2019 Q1 ... but we are all working in our day jobs now right?  So it is not a fast enough response from Mindjet. 
Photo of Khaled Alwassia

Khaled Alwassia

• 15 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I got a free upgrade to 11 after repeatedly complaining, but this is just crap software. And i was treathened that the next big update in Q1 19 will for sure not be free of charge. There attitude and language is appaling.
Photo of cesar castresana

cesar castresana

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
+1, terrible, I feel kidnapped.... all of my last years's maps are unavailable .... with no advice... all my organization will turn to xmind next week.... because we NEED that maps... we already pay a lot of money for the "perpetual licence"..... perpetual for you means less than a year???? XMIND 8 was bought 2 years ago and still working properly.... don't try to say "apple"... all the software from Microsoft, Omni, Xmind is working under mojave with no new payment. I can accept to download a patch, but pay again?, no way

Photo of Luis Alberto Flores Pérez

Luis Alberto Flores Pérez

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
I am in the same situation... Customers can't use our current (paid) version... I will explore another options...
Photo of MindmapFan

MindmapFan

• 25 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
See my reply above and my post below on how to solve this.
(Edited)
Photo of Khaled Alwassia

Khaled Alwassia

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
complain complain complain, they give free 11 upgrades, but that soft ware is just crap. but you can use your maps
Photo of Juan José

Juan José

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
One more here... good bye mind manager.
Photo of MindmapFan

MindmapFan

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
(Edited)
Photo of Mark Orsmond

Mark Orsmond

• 4 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
 Not cool ... I use this program occasionally for time to time and I have no need more functionally than is in 10.  I guess will have to find another solution - their customer loyalty gets a FAT ZERO. 
Photo of MindmapFan

MindmapFan

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
(Edited)

Pewdiepie's Hot Dog Boss

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
So you're telling me, the MM10 that the customers paid for can't run on MacOS Mojave, and yet we have to pay another $180 for MM11 which is actually shittier and buggier than MM10? Seriously, I downloaded MM11 and it's horrible. It has so many problems that MM10 didn't have. There's no way I'm gonna spend $180 on a software with so many problems.

Even if MM11 didn't have all these problems, when the next major MacOS update comes out, MM11 might stop working as well. And that's when Mindjet will tell you: "Oh hey, MM11 doesn't run one the new MacOS, so please spend another $180 on our MM12!!".

No thanks. This is just ridiculous.

If anyone knows any good alternative to mind manager, PLEASE let me know. I'm so done with this product.
(Edited)

• 1373 Posts
  • 208 Reply Likes
You could try colour pencils and paper.
Photo of MindmapFan

MindmapFan

• 24 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Hi Pewdiepie's Hot Dog Boss See my reply above and my post below on how to solve this.

• 1381 Posts
  • 208 Reply Likes
If you have MM Mac 10 the upgrade cost are only a fraction of the amount you.mention. Please check before you leave us.
Photo of Khaled Alwassia

Khaled Alwassia

• 15 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
great customer focus! NOT
Photo of Mark Orsmond

Mark Orsmond

• 4 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
What is the cost? 

• 1381 Posts
  • 208 Reply Likes
Only $ 89.00 plus VAT. And MM Mac 11 is actually a lot better than vs 10.
(Edited)

• 1381 Posts
  • 208 Reply Likes
And if you select the annual Upgrade Protection Plan it's only $ 39,00 per year.
Most Mac users I know, take that.
Photo of claus Jensen

claus Jensen

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
So how do I upgrade when i cannot start the program?

please advise

• 1381 Posts
  • 208 Reply Likes
Go to the mindjet.com website.
Select products select MAC

Go to the Buy Now Part at the right
Click the Check Upgrade eligility text
You will arrive at the Webshop with the upgrade and if needed, the MUProtection Plan.
You can order overthere,
Photo of HEARD atUNSW

HEARD atUNSW

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Why must I buy this product before determining that it works? I have downloaded the latest version and it crashes as before. Seriously unsatisfactory and disappointing. 
Photo of Khaled Alwassia

Khaled Alwassia

• 15 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
This is extortion!
Photo of Mark Orsmond

Mark Orsmond

• 4 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
As an accountant I use the program only when I engaged with a new client and we do some business planning. Maybe 4 times a year and 10 did a great job for me. I used have used MM since 2014 and it was great. in 2017, I thought I would update to keep current. I would not have done that had I know a year later my program would not be working. Its not right that MM have done this.
Photo of MindmapFan

MindmapFan

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
See my post below on how to solve this.

• 1381 Posts
  • 208 Reply Likes
Nobody knew Apple introduced Mojave with so much issues for developers who build sophisticated business software like MindManager

Suggestion. Look at the extra business value for your clients and decide how much they and you can gain.
Photo of Khaled Alwassia

Khaled Alwassia

• 15 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
There is no extra value, better question where is the value of staying loyal to MM after being treated so arrogantly by YOU!
Photo of Mark Orsmond

Mark Orsmond

• 4 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Ary - it is common knowledge that OS's get updated regularly! How could MM not expect that?  And per the other users comments,  even if I spent $89 now, there will be a new OS coming out to replace Mojave and on and on ... 

The sad thing is that MM are clearly not interested in the smaller companies.  

I can pay $11 and buy Mind Maple that works on MOJAVE that provides 90 percent of the functionality. But it is a pity and I am sorry to be leaving as I really like this product and I would gladly spend $89 in a few years time, maybe when the 12 comes out.   However - where you just drop your user base that paid for your program - and say tough luck- you lose all credibility and trust.  There is to coming back from that. I am sure you must also be disappointed. 
Photo of Fadi Bishara

Fadi Bishara

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
Thank you for the comments @Mark. I agree completely.  Also, for MM to continue making this a "stable o.s." argument is in and of itself was a turn off,, and I see after months of discussion, the position is still the same lame reason/position..
Thanks for mentioning MindMaple. looks like MindManager lost another potential small business user.
Photo of MindmapFan

MindmapFan

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Mark Orsmond See my post below on how to solve this.
Photo of HRA

HRA

• 1 Post
  • 2 Reply Likes
Ary, from the replies you are giving you are awful at costumer relations management.
We are angry because we have already paid to use MindManager 10.
Perhaps Apple is a mess but we didn't buy MindManager 10 from them, we bought it from you.
There are many other apps that kept working once Mojave was upgraded.
I don't see why you can't fix version 10 unless you are planing to squeeze us for money.
Sad policy on your part, despite how hard you try to argue the contrary.
(Edited)

• 1367 Posts
  • 208 Reply Likes
You may be right. (I am not employed by Corel Mindjet ;-)

Pewdiepie's Hot Dog Boss

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Exactly, you paid for something and it won't even work anymore. Instead of giving customers a new update to resolve the issue. They want you to pay more money to upgrade. You either upgrade or you can't use it AT ALL even if you spent money and bought MM10.

What's even more absurd  is that the new MM11 is actually not nearly as good as MM10. It has lots of bugs and issues that MM10 didn't have.

Why making us buy another upgrade instead of simply releasing an update to fix the compatibility issue? Oh yeah right, money. Customers now have to spend more money on a crappier version of MM because otherwise they can't even use the software on the new operating system at all.
Photo of Ian McEwen

Ian McEwen

• 2 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Thanks to everyone - I checked out MindMaple and found I can import my old files into it - not bad for $8.99 - they are even working on ios versions - so goodbye Mindjet and your narrow thinking :-)
Photo of MindmapFan

MindmapFan

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi  Ian McEwen   will you help us who want to remain by writing to the CEO on Linkedin?  See my post below if you are interested.  PS thanks for the tip.
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 897 Posts
  • 224 Reply Likes
I can’t comment on the macOS issues, though it seems that Mindjet have dropped the ball on this one. I just wanted to suggest iThoughts as a cross-platform alternative to MindMaple. While MindMaple seems to have a cleaner interface than iThoughts, the latter program is more fully featured and is available across Windows, Mac and iOS. It also reads and writes more file formats than MindMaple (and a lot more than MM).

While it isn’t as powerful as MM, iThoughts both reads and writes MM files - hopefully, if Corel/Mindjet can resolve the current problems this would provide a pathway for some Mac users to return to MM.
(Edited)
Photo of David Walsh

• 133 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
All,

We have been following the thread in our community and sincerely apologize for the delayed response on this matter. We certainly want to rectify the situation where we can.  I have escalated the issue to our Product Management team to determine the next steps. I will post an updated response on this issue as soon as I can. 

I have reached out directly to users on this thread where I could correlate Mindjet for Mac 10 orders in our order system. If you haven't received an email from customer.support@mindjet.com by the end of this weekend please send us an email with your original order number and we can determine the next steps. 

Best Regards
David
Mindjet Support
Photo of dexa danarta

dexa danarta

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
definitely useless! 

I would rather go back to my time machine and reload my sierra so I can use the MM 10 again!!
Photo of David Eagle

David Eagle

• 9 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Coming from a Windows version of Mindmanager, the Mac version by comparison is a very neglected piece of software, nowhere near the functionality of the windows version.
I am not keen on paying to upgrade the Mac version unless we start to see a  level of functionality and support which is comparable to that provided for Windows users, or is the Mindjet advice to switch OS as well as upgrade?

• 1367 Posts
  • 208 Reply Likes
I fully agree that the Mac version is not on par with the one for Windows.
However, Mindjet (and I am NOT employed;-) has always been clear about it.

They even priced the Mac version at 50% of the Windows version and included the Mac version for free in the Enterprise license.

To see the current version differences, this may help. I can't find it on the website.

See the Difference

(Edited)
Photo of David Eagle

David Eagle

• 9 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Thanks for this, I am currently on version 10, and the last update to that was a very long time coming, but nevertheless very welcome. When Mindjet have overcome the issue caused by the Mac OS security update I'll give version 11 a go.
Photo of David Eagle

David Eagle

• 9 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
OK, swift play with version 11, there are more styles/templates, some really quite interesting ones, and they have fixed the styles/formatting bug where a change of style would not persist. However the text in the maps is all blurry, which is a known bug, and relates to the attempt to optimise text for retina displays, so until this is fixed, no upgrade for me. The fix for the MacOS Security patch crash in V11 works, so I will continue to play to see what else has improved/been introduced.
Photo of Khaled Alwassia

Khaled Alwassia

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Agreed!
Photo of Mark Searle

Mark Searle

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
I read the comments and response by MindJet and I have to also say goodbye to Mind Manager. Overpriced and under-supported.   
Photo of MindmapFan

MindmapFan

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Please help us by following my suggestion to solve this on my post below.  Thanks.
Photo of David Walsh

• 133 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Mark 

I just sent you a follow-up email regarding this. 

Regards
David 
Mindjet Support
Photo of David Walsh

• 133 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
All,

Thanks for everyone's feedback. While we understand the comments in this thread regarding
Mac Mojave support of Mac 10, Mindjet made a decision that Mac 10 software is
dated and we decided not to update it to support Mojave OS. You are welcome to continue run Mindjet 10 on Mac OS versions that will support it

We released version 11 for Mac earlier this year. We believe Mac 11 provides a compelling upgrade over version 10. Our Mac users have been requesting a new improved version for a while,
and many users welcomed the new version and have upgraded. 

We are aware and openly forthcoming about the differences between the Mac and Windows versions . The price difference between the two versions reflects this feature difference. We will continue to focus on adding  more feature parity into the future Mac versions. Mindjet Mac 11 was a step in that direction and we believe it is a worthwhile upgrade to take advantage of the new features.

We have reached out directly to users on this thread where I could correlate a contact or order in our system.  If you haven't received an email from customer.support@mindjet.com  please send us an email with your original order number and we can determine the next steps. We will review each request individually and respond. 

Best Regards
Mindjet Customer Support
Photo of Marsh

Marsh

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have Mojave and mind manager 11.2.116. I have tried to log into my online maps and there is no connection.  I can reach the maps through the web but cannot get to them via the MindManager upgrade. Is there a present issue?

I made the upgrade reluctantly because with each upgrade I have been less impressed with how the product meets my needs. It might be helpful to understand why. Many of us who use mind mapping software do so because we are lateral thinkers. A mind map helps us map our minds and then present material in linear ways. 

Mindjet appears to want to use the mind mapping concept primarily for team management processes and all recent upgrades are in that direction. The product no longer works for me. I have had it since about version 3 on windows. There was a version about 6 upgrades ago that was perfect for me. It was intuitive. I could quickly map out my ideas and be creative then export the results to WORD. But with each successive upgrade, the software has gotten in the way of the idea flow and the emphasis has shifted from MIND to MANAGEMENT. Those of us who are creative, intuitive types are left behind. That is an economic choice on your behalf and I understand the financial logic of it.

I am glad to discover through this conversation that other alternatives allow me to import my MJ maps into other systems and that I am not as locked in as I thought I was. 

In the meantime I paid for the upgrade and expect the product to work as advertised so could you please make sure I can access my maps through the program.

Best Regards,

Marsh Moyle
Photo of David Walsh

• 133 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Marsh 

Thank you for the feedback. I will feed your comments back to our Product team.

I am trying to understand your Mindjet login issue. Can you update to 11.2.117 build and see if it makes a difference. 

Mindjet Support
Photo of Marsh

Marsh

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you, it does work now. I updated to 11.2.116 this morning using the update in the program.