macOS Mojave and MindManager 10

• Problem
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Solved
Mindmanager 10 is not available in macOS Mojave, an exception is raised
The forum mentioned that mindmanager 11 is fixing this problem. When can mindmanager 10 solve this problem?
Photo of 霜 韩

霜 韩

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of MindmapFan

MindmapFan

• 58 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Hello fellow mind mappers. 
I'll keep this short .... please join me in messaging the Mindjet CEO Patrick Nichols   https://www.linkedin.com/in/nicholspatrick/
On his LinkedIn profile click CONNECT then ADD NOTE
The issue is he is totally unaware of what has gone on and the appalling response on this matter from MM support.
PLEASE be polite to Patrick as we want this sorted. 
PLEASE PLEASE DON'T post his email in this forum if you find it just use LinkedIn. 
We are advocates of MM who simply want this sorted for MAC users Patrick please.

Me? I think the problem is as a result of the necessary Apple MAC OSX security patch as I have not migrated to Mojave yet, however MM keeps CONTINUOUSLY crashing.

I have been mind mapping forever and have tried to keep using Mindmanager since the year 2000 !!!  
Unfortunately MM dumped us MAC users before for a few years as they decided to only enhance the windows MM version.

So Re: the questions above what other products are available, I exited mindmanager completely for a few years and purchased the expensive iMindMap  https://imindmap.com/software/
I have lots of issues with the iMindMap UI yet there are some clever things in the UI as well. 

So I was delighted  when one day I happened to notice they released MM v 10.6.125 for OSX and I dropped iMindMap and came back to MM even though a new version of iMindMap was released.  

Like HEARD atUNSW above ... they have my email for the registered licence why don't they email me when there is a patch?  They have got good at emailing about new products though... LOL

I tried the new MM v11 but it did not have enough enhancements for me to justify the upgrade price.  

Before you slaughter me MindJet support ... I have introduced MindManager to 7 clients including a UK bank, as I have taken them through transformation programmes of various kinds. 

I and the others here are customer advocates, and all I am asking is that you act and play reasonable with MAC users.   Read between the lines they love you not hate you so put your thick skin on and let's get this sorted with Patrick's help.

I have just spent 1.5 hours researching this and writing my post and reaching out to Patrick MM CEO and responding to other folks posts above and writing to support as advised by  David Walsh .... instead of brain storming the task in hand when I opened mindManager  earlier today LOL ....

Cheers one and all. 
John. 

PS I went through my previous orders for mindmanager upgrades !! 
  1. USD $236 / GBP £180  date 3rd September 2014.
  2. USD $425 / GBP £324 date 5th December 2013 
  3. USD $289 / GBP £220  date 5th December 2012
Total USD $950 :-) excluding my orders since the year 2000.
(Edited)
Photo of MindmapFan

MindmapFan

• 58 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Just to update you.  Thanks to David Walsh  support swift response via email, he flagged that there was an issue in my previous order in that a guaranteed upgrade path to v11 that I had paid for in advance was not fulfilled so I now have a fully licensed upgrade to v11.

I just installed v11.  I see what you guys are saying the screen resolution is most weird.  

I have not got time to spend on this now will try and work with it

I have asked Support to confirm whether a fix is in the product roadmap and indicate approximately from the product backlog when (which sprint) the fix for the apple mac screen rendering / resolution on the MindManager for Mac product  will land? 
Photo of Marian Kocmanek

Marian Kocmanek, Official Rep

• 375 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi All, 

Marian from the Product Management Team here.

Thank you for your feedback and our apologies for the inconvenience the most recent Apple macOS updates have caused with the use of MindManager 10 for Mac. 

Apple released an update for Sierra and High Sierra on October 30th that caused our application to crash on launch or when entering topic text. Generally, operating system updates should not adversely affect 3rd party software such as MindManager but in this case, it did. We were not made aware of the updates in advance and were blindsided by the sudden application issues but immediately started working on an update. Our development team just completed an update for version 10 that I hope to release as soon as possible after our Quality Assurance Team feels confident all issues have been resolved. At this time, my conservative estimate is 1-2 weeks. 

In the meantime, I welcome you to trial MindManager 11 for Mac, which has been recently updated to work on the latest MacOS versions of Sierra, High Sierra, and Mojave. You may try the application for 30-days by visiting our website here - https://www.mindjet.com/mindmanager-mac/?nav=p-mmm

In addition to compatibility with macOS Mojave, version 11 contains several new features, bug fixes and generally performs better on Retina and external high-resolution displays. 

If you like what you see, you may use this URL to purchase an upgrade at 45% off the normal upgrade price of $89 USD (or regional equivalent) through our online store: https://store.mindjet.com/1494/uurl-dwjxmtzto5
The promotional pricing is available until Friday, November 16 11:59 PM EST.

If any questions or feedback, please post them here or otherwise contact our Support Teams at www.mindjet.com/contactus.  

Best, 
-Marian
Photo of MindmapFan

MindmapFan

• 58 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Hi Marian,

Thanks so much for taking the time  to update the community.

What folk resent and are worried about - in the absence of any previous explanation as to the cause of the problems - is has MindJet dumped MAC OSX users again?  We all hope not, but I totally get it there are a lot more Microsoft windows users so they get prioritised.  

I'm afraid my Version 11.2.117 although stable compare to my v10, crashes when you close mindmaps.

As a result of this I am looking again at having a windows virtual machine running on my MAC and move all Microsoft based software to that so I can take advantage of all the Microsoft Windows MindManager extra functionality like Formulas, Microsoft Office MindManager interoperability, MS Project export/import etc.  This will take time as I have to research and choose a VM host and have to pay for that plus a licensed MS windows.

Before I set time to do this - probably over Christmas - can you share the MindManager for MAC OSX roadmap please?  If too sensitive then those interested in the forum would no doubt be happy to sign an NDA and do this offline.  A lot of us are consultants working with blue chip clients and all take mind mapping seriously but don't have spare time for these sort of hiccups.  Many thanks.  

As a reminder again I have used MindManager in its various iterations since 2000 and have had 7 of my customers adopt and roll out MindManager including a large tier 1 Uk bank ... and I did this without any commission from MindJet but for the common good of my customers.  

KR
John

PS for those who use Merlin Project - best project management tool ever and I am not a partner of theirs - it can read MindManager v10 and v11 mindmaps as long as you turn off ROLL UP TASK INFO from all your topics.  See https://www.projectwizards.net/en.  Merlin Project does not exist for MS Windows.

PPS lovely autumn weather in England at the moment

(Edited)
Photo of David Eagle

David Eagle

• 10 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hi Marian, the purchase link doesn't seem to be valid.I get "Page Invalid Access to this page is only valid for a certain time period. This link is either not yet or no longer valid". Should it be available now?Regards, Dave Eagle
Photo of Tom Brückner

Tom Brückner

• 9 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I was also trying to follow your discount link, but it lead to a dead end. Could you please share an updated link that is really valid until Nov 16th? Thanks.
Photo of David Walsh

David Walsh, Official Rep

• 141 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
The Mac 11 purchase  link has been fixed  https://store.mindjet.com/1494/uurl-dwjxmtzto5

Regards
Mindjet Support
(Edited)
Photo of MindmapFan

MindmapFan

• 58 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Started using the upgraded MM v11 again today
Oh wow topic hyperlinks to topics in OTHER mindmaps now works again has not worked since 2014 (MM v 10.3.605)
Thanks awesome ! 
Photo of Marian Kocmanek

Marian Kocmanek, Official Rep

• 375 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
Hi John, 

I am unable to replicate the crash issue when closing maps with build 11.2.117. Can you share your Operating System details with me? If the crashes continue, I can send you a 'Zap script' that will reset all of the MindManager preferences that are otherwise difficult to access in the Terminal. 
Photo of MindmapFan

MindmapFan

• 58 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Hi Marian Kocmanek
macOS Sierra version 10.12.6.
I would say it is intermittent but crashed yesterday evening as I closed MindManager with two maps open needing save changes.  
Thanks, John
Photo of MindmapFan

MindmapFan

• 58 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Hi Marian Kocmanek,
UPDATE: I've just migrated to Mojave so will see how I get on now.  Thanks, John
Photo of David Eagle

David Eagle

• 10 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Upgraded with the offer to get to V11, but a number of issues:-

Fonts - Are FUZZY!!!! This needs to be fixed ASAP, really irritating.

Keyboard shortcuts - 
Zoom in doesn't work (CMD & >) , CMD < shows MM Preferences rather than zoom out. 'Zoom in' in is given as a work around for the fuzzy fonts, so it would be nice if the keyboard shortcut worked. 

Formatting - 
No Organiser function for Styles or Templates, no way to edit a Style or a Template other than to create a new one

Style Formats do not always stick (e.g. Capitalisation, Font Size)

User defined Styles do not show up in the chooser tool unless you manually move them into the MM system folders (not easy to find the MM folders for these)

No way to set up a central Styles/Format Library to share styles across machines, there needs to be a user definable location for User defined Styles and Templates

Ordering Topics - No way to sort topics

High hopes for Version 11, but the above are taking the gloss off this....
Photo of David Walsh

David Walsh, Official Rep

• 141 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
Official Response
All,

Our development team just completed an update for 
MindManager 10 for Mac build 10.6.129. 
This build resolves the Misc. crash issues reported by customers 
who are running Sierra and High Sierra with the recent Apple security update.
You can download the  build here

https://download.mindjet.com/Mac/Mindjet_MindManager_Mac_10.6.129.dmg

Best Regards
Mindjet Support
Photo of Khaled Alwassia

Khaled Alwassia

• 15 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
That update does not work with Mojave, as i found out today.
Photo of Shaker Qawasmi

Shaker Qawasmi

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
same here, the update doesn't work with Mojave!
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1504 Posts
  • 224 Reply Likes
@Shaker & Khaled. As Mindjet support clearly states. That update is for Mac users on Sierra and High Sierra only. So why would anyone try it if you are on Mojave?
Photo of Shaker Qawasmi

Shaker Qawasmi

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
@Ary, because their latest update is one month ago, and they don't have any update for Mojave yet, do you think I should downgrade my macos to High Sierra so Mindjet would work? ill not do that for sure, also ill not be paying an upgrade license for features I'm not gonna use! they have to support their product, thats why I tried it on Mojave..

• 1504 Posts
  • 224 Reply Likes
@Shaker.
The discussion about paying or not paying for an upgrade and/or downgrading your MacOS is not necessary since this issue is solved - maybe too late - maybe not communicated to you - but is Solved.

The Mojave version for MM Mac 10 is available, tested and it works fine. See all the conversation and/or contact Mindjet support to download the version you want.
The Mohave version for MM MAC 11 is also available and running.
The Extra release that was made especiallay or Sierra users is something else. If you dont' have (high)Sierra anymore dont"t install it.

But ofcourse, as every mac user knows. Always check wich version of the software you have to use for the MacOS version you have.

Photo of Shaker Qawasmi

Shaker Qawasmi

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
@Ary, I'm not sure what is the point that you are discussing, this thread is about MindManager 10 on macOS Mojave specifically, till now - it doesn't work on Mojave macOS.. the latest update from mindjet team is Mindjet_MindManager_Mac_10.6.129 and can be downloaded at their official download page: https://www.mindjet.com/support-info/download-library/#mm-mac-10 , which works only on "Sierra and High Sierra" macOS, there is no update yet for Mojave yet!

• 1504 Posts
  • 224 Reply Likes
Glad that you know what your discussing about.
Photo of David Eagle

David Eagle

• 10 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Works for me, well done.

Photo of MindmapFan

MindmapFan

• 58 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Photo of Tom Brückner

Tom Brückner

• 9 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I am pretty disappointed by the way Mindjet handles this. I was "forced" to update to MM11, although I got it with a discount. But then, the new version had crazy display problems which makes it quite hard to work with. Don't you have any quality control in place? The problem is so obvious that you would have to be blind to ignore it.