I want to be able to creation relationships between items that would end up on different linked maps. Is there any way to do this within the product, or using an add-in?
It is critical that I be able to show these relationships in the map, but at this point it looks like that is only possible using a single map layout.
Hmmmmm.. But, to answer your question, I am not quite sure I realized that you CAN link individually topics across maps... I thought I tried that and only saw the nice tree picker interface for items within the same map.
How do you do what you suggest?
Then go to the origin topic, hit control + K shortcut keys to open the hyperlink dialog and then paste the link into the hyperlink field.
Give it a shot.
It can do much more for you then the example shows, so don't be afraid to test it.
And as always, the price is a lot less than the value ;-)
"the optimal use of links, versus attachments, versus relationships"
This may help your thinking: Hyperlink or Attach that is the question?
The summary is (I just added the bold bullet):
- Are good for files other people are responsible for and editing
- Will not increase your MindManager file size significantly
- If a drive, file or folder name is changed the link is broken
- If you use the File > Save & Send > Send using Email your hyperlinked files can be zipped up with the map
- If you use the same file in more than one map.
- Put all the data in one place. A portable project file.
- Can only be edited by those with editing rights to the MindManager file
- Will increase your MindManager file size significantly. You may exceed email and uploading limits
- Can be used to save versions of the map with all the documents as they were at that time.
- If you email or upload the map, all the attachments go with it in one file.
- Make sure your map file is backed up. If its deleted or corrupted you will lose all the attached files as well.
Relationships are something else. You can add hyperlinks and attachments to relationships via the callout.
I'm Brazilian, sorry English. Reading this case, I have 2 great doubts.
Generate 3 map projects.
And a central project.mmap.
In project design X has X users.
In the central project I want LINKo only the TOPICOS I want, example: (ACTION) of each x.mmap project above for the central project dynamically.
When I open the central project, I have TOPIC
PROJECTS 2017, when I open.
Action project 1 linked with topic (Action) project1.mmap
Action project 2 linked with topic (Action) project2.mmap
Action project 3 linked with topic (Action) proyecto3.mmap
But by clicking and tinkering on the toptic action of project 1 it does not sync.
And if I or HE edit, how do you sync?
I'd like to do that. but I can not.
I used MAPS PARTS (it looks like) I thought it worked, but it's static. When you change the originating part, the maps parts (add select topics) are not changed, they are static of the day that was added.
How to make dynamic (add selected topic) update every time the original topic is updated?
Please take care that you create your Projects first.
Next you can create your Central dashboard map and in there you create your roll-up topics.
Now the central dashboard map will synchronize at opening or with F5