Microsoft OneDrive Cloud Storage Service

• Idea
  • Updated 2 months ago
Hi, how can I add my Microsoft OneDrive as a cloud storage service? I only see options for Dropbox or Box :/
Photo of David

David

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Leo

Leo

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I think it's not really a technical problem. I guess they want to sell their own cloud solution. I have used it for a while, the web interface is quite nice but for iOS devices, there is no offline mode which leaves this option unusuable. I even lost data when I stated to work on a map on an iPhone and then lost connection. With their close integration with MS Office, there is no way around Ondrive  integration on iOS. As this feature is more important to me as many of the "fancy" things that were introduced with the latest version, I already started to look for alternatives. Besides the fact that MindMap is not really a cheap software. 
Photo of bolebg

bolebg

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
We need access to One drive as we cannot access MindJet Files Cloud from company PC - form both technical and compliance reasons (InfoSec, data privacy,..). To OneDrive we can as companies are massively moving to Office 365. 

Therefore to use Mind Jet Maps effectively  and in modern way from everywhere (home, office, airports...) and form every devices (PC, IPad,...) we need possibility to store MindJet Map file to OneDrive. 
MindJet is shooting in own leg not allowing it as we will move to other tools allowing it. Pity. 

EDIT. I cannot manage my files that all of them are in OneDrive, except MindJet Maps which is in Dropbox of MindJet Files. This is additional aspect to ones mentioned above. 
(Edited)
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1521 Posts
  • 227 Reply Likes
This original post is extremely old. And it refers to an old iOS app whereas you refer to PC and Office 365.
There is lot improved on this subject since then.

I don't know if you are on MindManager 2019 for windows (Most company PC's are)
That version can store all you want in One Drive.
(Edited)
Photo of bolebg

bolebg

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
thanks for prompt answer.
On PC it  is fine - I am using MindManager 2018.

But MindJet Maps on IPad does not have option to store file on OneDrive. 
There I have the problem. I am using Croatian store and cannot find same version of MindJet like i have on PC.

• 1521 Posts
  • 227 Reply Likes
Stop searching. It is not there. Mindjet has not upgraded the iOS apps (nor Android) in many months.
Maybe not enough users, maybe....
Photo of bolebg

bolebg

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
but then using Mindjet is not possible to do in modern way like other applications - to work on same file form office, home, airport, PC, IPad, mobile...edit the file or just read it to prepare for meeting....

thats bad...

• 1521 Posts
  • 227 Reply Likes
You are right.
Fortunately, you can always have read access from a browser via the Publish feature in MM2019. This is even password protected.
So meeting preparation can be done.