Mind manager 9 and Adobe.

• Problem
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Acknowledged
I have mindmanager 9 for PC under windows 8 and not possible any longer to save or export through pdf or pdf viewer ? I have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Photo of Gaëlle

Gaëlle

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1686 Posts
  • 258 Reply Likes
Yes you are correct. Consider to move to MM2020?
Photo of Gaëlle

Gaëlle

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
can't consider so, MM2020 is too expensive so far. Any other proposal ? which version of Adobe should I use ? thanks for answering anyway

Photo of Marian Kocmanek

Marian Kocmanek, Official Rep

• 417 Posts
  • 77 Reply Likes
Hi Gaëlle, 

Support for MindManager 9 has long been retired. You may try to repair the installation of MindManager 9 through the Windows Control Panel and possibly reinstall Adobe Reader. 

The legacy PDF Viewer export found in MindManager 9 utilizes Adobe Flash, which is disabled by default in most browsers these days. I would suggest you consider MindManager 2020, which now has a robust export to HTML5 feature that is far superior to the old PDF export. 

Best, 
-Marian 
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 1133 Posts
  • 275 Reply Likes
You can get third-party printer drivers that will "print" PDF documents from MindManager. Windows 10 has this built in but if you're using an older version of Windows there are several free options. This article discusses the alternatives: https://www.howtogeek.com/150891/how-to-print-to-pdf-in-windows-4-tips-and-tricks/