Mind manager Snap is not opening up whereas Mind manager 2020 is working completely fine.

• Problem
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • (Edited)
Mind manager Snap is not opening up whereas Mind manager 2020 is working completely fine. While I'm trying to open it up, I'm not even getting any message. It is simply trying to load for a while, thereafter no response. Initially MindManager was also not opening up because many .dll files were missing when I installed the mind manager 2020, then I manually downloaded those files and added to the respective folders. it helped me to open up mind manager 2020, but not the snap. I didn't try any reinstallation. Along with Mind manager 2020, I have installed Mindjet manager 15 on my computer and is chosen as the default program. Please help me on this.
Photo of Shanoob Athanipparambil

Shanoob Athanipparambil

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • sad

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1885 Posts
  • 337 Reply Likes
Please do a complete reinstall of mm2020 . So click next, next. Etc. You are sure all is installed. If you do a custom install you most likely forget important stuff.

I have most Mm versions installed for training classes. Your mm 15 should influence mm2020 nor snap
(Edited)

Shanoob Athanipparambil

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for your reply and suggestion. Let me check this and will get back to you.
(Edited)
Photo of Andreas Lercher

Andreas Lercher

• 122 Posts
  • 53 Reply Likes
A repair of MindManager in the system control should also help.
Snap needs connection to cloud.mindmanager.com

Shanoob Athanipparambil

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Do i need to reinstall mm to get it repaired?
Photo of Pieter van der Hijden

Pieter van der Hijden

• 34 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
I reported more or less the same issue a couple of weeks ago.

The suggestion I got was: Workaround: logout Snap and login again. It works!

BTW in the newest HTML5 version, you have the option What is new. This gices you access to a special mindmap with news from all MM products. There you find this issue (and the workaround) as well.

Best regards,
Pieter van der Hijden 

Shanoob Athanipparambil

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for the suggestion. In my case I'm not able to launch mm snap. when I double click on the application, it gets started - rotating for a while, then there is no further loading or opening up of mm snap.
Photo of Alex Gooding

Alex Gooding, Champion

• 1274 Posts
  • 351 Reply Likes
I think you probably need to raise this with Mindmanager support.