Mindjet CSV Export doesn't work

• Problem
  • Updated 8 months ago
Hi,

Just downloaded latest version 18.1.154.

Attempted to use CSV Export using both the right click on topic Send To and the File>Export>CSV option.

Am asked to give a filename, and then after clicking save on that dialog the Export to Spreadsheet settings appears.

I accept everything on that dialog as default then click Export

The CSV Export Progress appears and hangs - progress bar sits at 0 and the Open Folder, Open and Close buttons are there.

I've tried this using combinations on the Export to Spreadsheet dialog same result. Clicking any of the Open Folder / Open / Close buttons simply closes CSV Export Progress dialog.

Can anyone advise please

Cheers

G
Photo of Geoff Evelyn

Geoff Evelyn

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1354 Posts
  • 204 Reply Likes
Just tried it and no problem overhere.

I am still on Windows 7 - waiting for Windows 11 since i can't work with the ugly user interface of w10

Machine is 32 bit
So is my excel and mindmanager
Photo of Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

Ary Velstra, Expert Trainer

• 1354 Posts
  • 204 Reply Likes
The best way to get this solved is..

Go to the File tab => Help => You find a small link just under the about MindManager info at the bottom right called Mindjet Customer Service and Support.
This brings you to the support pages where you can post your technical question to the right people
Photo of Geoff Evelyn

Geoff Evelyn

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks.

Am running Windows 10 64bit Office 2016 64bit and that export function does not work.

Will contact tech support

Cheers

G
Photo of Colin Horner

Colin Horner

• 130 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
No problem for me running Win 10 32 bit  Please send me a sample map that does not work for you and I will try from my side colin@visualthinking.co.za 
Photo of Geoff Evelyn

Geoff Evelyn

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi,

Doesn't matter what map I send you it still wont work. I even tried one by creating 1 node without changing anything (i.e. Central Topic > Main Topic). I've sent a request to tech support to respond.

This appears to be a Win 64bit issue. Proving it works in Win32 will not help me - but thanks anyway for asking.
Photo of Colin Horner

Colin Horner

• 130 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Your choice - The $64,000 Question?

Photo of Andrew Wilcox

Andrew Wilcox, Champion

• 1036 Posts
  • 178 Reply Likes
Works for me with Win 10 64bit, MM 64bit, Office 365 64bit
Photo of Andrew Wilcox

Andrew Wilcox, Champion

• 1036 Posts
  • 178 Reply Likes
Close MindManager, all the Office apps and Internet Explorer. Then run MindManager repair from Programs and Features.
(Edited)
Photo of Geoff Evelyn

Geoff Evelyn

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Andrew,

Did that and wow - all sorted! Works a treat now - many thanks! Strange that I updated the version yesterday - would have thought that would have repaired the installation since the same issue occurred before updating...

Anyway, one to add to my records of resolution :) Again, many thanks!

Cheers

G